jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Adding Trim to a Plain Garage Door

1. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

Has anyone done this?  I am seeking to dress up the exterior with little dollars.

Suggestions?  Photos?

Please help!

1. carcro profile image89
      carcroposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Best thing would be to go to the local used material store in your area. Quite often this can be a Retro-fit store for outfits like Habitat for Humanity, etc. They take in material from old demolished buildings donated to them, and re-sell the material to the general public. The stuff is sold real cheap. I have shopped there numerous times. Whatever they make goes towards building new homes for the needy, so its a win-win situation.

2. Teddletonmr profile image82
      Teddletonmrposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Inside or outside facing door, wood, metal or fiberglass doors are easy to dress up with a little inexpensive molding.
      A plane steel exterior door is easily dressed up by the use of wood or plastic beed molding, shoe molding or any of the countless profiles. Simply select the look you like, paint or stain it to match the gutters, shutters and front entry door.
      Attach the moldings to the door in a shape you like with small screws, or use an exterior grade  adhesive.
      I hope this helps, best of luck with your home improvement projects. Mike

2. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

Love the Habitat for Humanity stores - great tip - thank you!