jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What is a reasonable budget for apartment furnishings?

1. 0
    janellelkposted 5 years ago

I have $2,000 saved up to dedicate completely to furnishings..  I have a makeshift couch, but I'd like to get a new loveseat/couch combo that's around $800 as well as a tv that's around $720.. 

Is 2,000 a reasonable price range for those two major purchases as well as decorations/textiles/paint?

If not, what budget is reasonable?  Is so, do you have any additional tips to help me out in the area?  Any unseen costs I'm not factoring in? 

I'm really stressed to spend the money I've saved but I've been planning this for a while..

Any feedback is appreciated.

1. 0
      klarawieckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you go to IKEA you might be able to buy the living room set for a lot less. It will save you money. You won't find the paint and the TV but everything to accesorize the place will be there at a very good price. I don't know if there is a store near you, but if not, you can find them online.

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Not to sound off-putting, but isn't reasonable, regards to what a individual person would pay? I mean, what I might pay for something isn't necessarily going to be the same as you.

Not to mention, all the variables, like city, location, township type community or big city or what the furnishing is made from and other things.

But, good luck. smile

3. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

I'd say "reasonable" is relative to what you can afford.