jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Electric blanket vs heated blanket?

1. albc profile image59
    albcposted 6 years ago

English is not my first language.. so, this might be a funny question:

Electric blanket and heated blanket, are they the same thing?

2. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 6 years ago

I would have thought they were the same thing.  If a heated blanket is powered by electricity, then it would an electric blanket. 

Personally, I will no longer have one, ever since I woke up one night about 20 years ago with the blanket burning.

1. albc profile image59
      albcposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks, i am NOT trying to change you but just to share that latest electric blanket are a lot safer than before.

you can read resources in a website called 'Electric Blanket Institute' (not my website). thanks again.

3. profile image54
    qpqpgolfposted 6 years ago

They should be the same event!
    Golf Clubs For Sale|TaylorMade Burner SuperLaunch Irons´╝îif you like,welcome to join us!

1. albc profile image59

?

4. profile image59
    EricThackerposted 6 years ago

My wife and I have a heating blanket. I like the option of kicking it off of me when i get too warm during the night. You won't have that option with a matress pad.

Vistaprint Coupons

1. albc profile image59

in my case, my wife need a kick..

5. zduckman profile image60
    zduckmanposted 6 years ago

They are both very dangerous...a family member died as the result of a blanket short circuit that caught fire...the blanket melted to her body and she had burns over 80% of her body ....she lived in agony for hours before passing....

It is also a waste of energy when you can just use down comforter or add additional blankets.

1. albc profile image59

i am sorry about that (i feel i am very cruel to promote electric blanket)

working