Few factors that Influence tomato growth :-
1. Tomatoes grow best within a temp range of 55 - 85 degrees F. They can handle high temperature but are damaged by prolonged temp over 93 degrees.
2. They require nutrients that are which are properly balanced, easily absorbed and are rich in nitrogen.
3. Exposure to strong light for at least for 5 hrs a day is required.
4. If tomatoes are to bear fruit they need to be pollinated.
5. Extreme cold or heat, polluted air or soil, windy conditions hamper their growth.
6. They need adequate water, but make sure that they don't get drowned, avoid over watering.
Check out more details about vegetable gardening :-
http://advancednutrients.com/hydroponic … astier.php
You hit the nail on the head when you say indoor tomatoes need to be pollinated. Most beginners to indoor gardening forget this stage and then they wonder why all the blossoms fall off. You definitely have to get in there with a cotton swab and play the part of a bee, or else you'll have no tomatoes.
Copyright © 2016 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.