jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Lighting For A Christmas Crib?

1. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 4 years ago

I have a beautiful Christmas Crib - it's not hube, it just sits on an ordinary occasional table -  that I put up every year for my nieces and nephews - who love it! But the only thing I don't like about it, is that it doesn't have it's own lighting source. I'm not electrically minded at all, apart from changing a plug or a light bulb! But I would love to put some safe lighting into the crib to finish it off. How would I go about this and what materials would I need? Also, has anyone any suggestions for lighting colours apart from the usual 'white light'. Any help would really be appreciated.

1. Quilligrapher profile image90
      Quilligrapherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Have you looked into Battery Operated Tea Lights Flameless Non Flicker RGB Color Changing- Flameless Candles?
      http://www.100candles.com/item.htm/8719 … r-Changing

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They're really pretty.

2. Seeker7 profile image95
        Seeker7posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Quilligrapher, what a great idea! Do you know I have actually seen these tea lights but never once thought about using them for the crib!! How dumb is that!! LOL! Many thanks for giving my brain a much needed kick!!

Hi Hollie - I agree they are very pretty and I think they would work very well with the crib! I wasn't looking forward to having to  use wire and bulbs and had imagined me and the crib being well and truly barbecued for Christmas!!