jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Are you considering refinishing furniture?

1. 0
    oldandwiseposted 4 years ago

If you've never tried "Dad's Easy Spray Paint Remover", give it a try. This stuff takes the "work out of removing old paint and varnish". I've tried all kinds of remover products, but this stuff works great!

2. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 4 years ago

I'll have to ask hubby what he uses. How's tricks, OW?

1. 0
      oldandwiseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Doing great, u? This stuff melts the paint off on contact. Takes the work out of stripping furniture.

1. habee profile image90
        habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

We're fine. I told John-Boy about your suggestion, and he says he's heard good things about it but hasn't tried it yet.

BTW, if the Savannah trip pans out, I hope you and Cyndi will join us! Another thing: Where will we two meet now that the Holiday Inn has been torn down?? lol

3. 0
    oldandwiseposted 4 years ago

There goes my night life! No Holiday Inn. I guess we'll have to explore new avenues! lol As for Savannah, we look for reasons to visit there.

4. 61
    Inkdropposted 4 years ago

is it that effective .........i mean i have tried many things but didnt get it completely removed

5. JamaGenee profile image88
    JamaGeneeposted 4 years ago

I refinished a dresser, but decided from that experience refinishing furniture wasn't my "thing".  My talents were in re-upholstering.  I'd watch for discarded sofas and other upholstered furniture on curbs and next to dumpsters.  If the "bones" were still good, I'd haul it home, strip the old upholstery off, and make the piece new again. And this was before recycling was fashionable. cool