jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Standing Brooms

1. Dee42 profile image77
    Dee42posted 4 years ago via iphone

I would never think I would see the day on Urban Legends, but that's how I see it.
           A co-worker came up to me yesterday and was talking about brooms standing on their own!

People,please. But you wouldn't believe it but I got caught up in the hype and the drama. All us nurses at work while this girl stood a broom up and yep, it stood up.  We all hollered so much our boss that was eating stuck her head out to HUSH all of us up. 

It is catching, that night I seen the therapy wing had done the boom experiment. Of course they showed it on Facebook.

I know I'm not Einstein, and this is not
    Rocket Science, but when I came to my senses, and was my old Dee-Self, I knew that a broom could stand up in the first place. 
               I am smiling a little as I write this.  Because even though I feel silly, it was fun.

1. Chinadolly profile image61
      Chinadollyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

All the bristles - on this particular broom - are equal and flat, that's why it is able to stand and of course the broomstick itself is dead centre for equal distribution for balance!

1. Pearldiver profile image85
        Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My Ex had a Broomstick just like that one! smile

I always wondered how come she could always park her broom so well when she was drunk, but couldn't ever stand up straight herself! big_smile

Apparently it's more fun with the Turbo Model... smile

1. Dee42 profile image77
          Dee42posted 4 years ago in reply to this

you made me laugh on this,Pearldriver. I was reading this to my husband, and he REALLY laughed.

2. couturepopcafe profile image61
        couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

China - probably not. The weight of the wood handle would make it top heavy and the bristles are not solid, but would wobble under the weight.

Maybe it was the electrical surge from the sun yesterday coupled with all the magnetic devices in the hospital and the broom stood, temporarily. lol

1. Dee42 profile image77

If i didn't see it with my own two eyes, I wouldn't of believed it. But thank you for stopping by and commenting,couturepopcafe. Have you seen this on this on the web?

3. Dee42 profile image77

Thanks for commenting, China, I think you are right. It is all so interesting to me, even last night, people are still standing their brooms up on FB.