jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Lions apparently not enough to keep intruders out

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Thu Feb 2, 2012 12:51 AM EST

Associated Press

COLORADO SPRINGS — With 120 lions, tigers and other big cats on the grounds, the owner of a Colorado refuge didn't think he needed a security system.

Nick Sculac says he changed his mind after two January break-ins at Serenity Springs Wildlife Center, 20 miles east of Colorado Springs.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/burglar … -wild.html
    people want what they want.if lions dont scare away anyone,what will?

1. Castlepaloma profile image27
      Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Lion and tigers did not work,mmmm

How about bears? has he tried bears?

2. TKs view profile image60
      TKs viewposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Interesting to find this here in the forum pages.  I'm a volunteer at the cat refuge listed and can assure you the fools that broke in were in way over there heads, to the point they could have actually lost them. The news article got it all correct as best I can tell.

2. Eric Newland profile image60
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

He clearly needs to add a piranha moat and a snake pit. Maybe some floor tile puzzles with poison dart traps just for good measure.

1. Castlepaloma profile image27
      Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Add to the those swamps crocks, mosquitoes and fire ants

Stuff up some old clothes with hay and make a security guard and record a tape of a mad barking dog

If that dose not work, I got some unnatural ways to get rid of crooks

3. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

Presumably all the big cats were caged or in secure paddocks, so unless intruders were stupid enough to jump the wire into the enclosures, it would be all too easy to stroll in and break into the offices etc.