jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Do you prefer to fix things yourself or pay someone?

1. BraidedZero profile image86
    BraidedZeroposted 4 years ago

Something breaks, will you pay someone else to fix it or try to fix it yourself? Keep it simple. If it's something you could do, do you do it? Or do you pay someone to do it no matter what?

1. Freddyisreal profile image61
      Freddyisrealposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would fix it I love to fix things somtimes I break ish just to fix it lol

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

If I can fix it myself, a little research and go to it tongue if too techy but know a friend who can fix it, I do the 'dial-my-friend-save-me' call, usually works big_smile wink lol

3. skear profile image91
    skearposted 4 years ago

I'm usually inclined to try and fix things myself.  I'll almost always do enough research to at least see what's involved in the task.

I've found that sometimes it's best to let an expert take care of it though.  If I'm not familiar with the repair it will take me more time to complete the job vs an expert with experience in the particular task.

4. readwriteteach profile image60
    readwriteteachposted 4 years ago

I like to try and fix things myself if it is a minor repair, especially if I have an instruction book or can find information on the internet to help me fix it. Now, if it's something that I've paid a lot of money for, or something more complicated to fix, I'd rather pay someone to do it. For example, when I ordered a desk to be delivered, I paid extra for the delivery man to assemble my desk, so that it would be put together correctly (and to save time). It was worth the expense to know that it was done right.

5. Sherry Hewins profile image94
    Sherry Hewinsposted 4 years ago

I almost always try to fix it myself. There are two reasons for this, first I always think I can do it, and usually it's not as easy as I think it will be. And second, I'm a real cheapskate and I don't want to pay someone to fix it.

6. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 4 years ago

I pay somebody else to fix them.  I used to be a real do-it-yourselfer, but these days my time is too valuable to me to be messing with something that's broken.  I'll either just replace it or support the local economy and call the local "fix it" guy for whatever is broken.

7. Daughter Of Maat profile image99
    Daughter Of Maatposted 4 years ago

It depends on what it is really. I've fixed my dryer twice. Once I replaced the heating element, and the second time I replaced the drum belt. I've also fixed my car on occasion, but they were easy fixes like adding oil, or changing spark plugs. If I can research it, and find out how to do it, and it's cheaper to fix it myself, then I refuse to pay someone to do it. lol big_smile

8. Julie DeNeen profile image92
    Julie DeNeenposted 4 years ago

It really depends. Time is money, so if I'm going to waste a whole day fixing an appliance, I have to figure in how much money I could make if I worked for those 8 hours!