How to Hire a Window Washing Company
9 Things to Consider When Hiring a Professional Window Cleaner
Whether you live in a single level home, a split-level, or multiple level house there are many housekeeping jobs in common. One of these jobs is cleaning the windows. And, if you have numerous windows or a multiple story house, it can be challenging, at best, to do the window washing. Atlanta, Georgia, like many other large cities, has numerous companies that specialize in keeping your windows clean.
9 Considerations when Contacting a Professional Window Cleaning Company
Of course, with so many professional window cleaners to choose from, how can you be sure you choose the best one for your window washing needs. To help out, here are a few tips. Like with most jobs, talk to those around you for their suggestions and recommendations. When you get a list, start making some phone calls, and ask the following questions.
- Do they open the windows and clean the sills and tracks? This is truly a sign of professionals
- Will they clean the screens? Do they actually scrub the screens to remove any dirt or do they merely wipe or spray the screens? After all, what good are clean windows if the screens are still dirty?
- Do they wear uniforms? While this may seem unimportant, a uniform says the company is in the job for the long haul.
- What kind of tools/equipment do they use? A bottle of window cleaner and a roll of paper towels do not a window washing professional make! You are paying for a professional their equipment should reflect this.
- Is the company insured, licensed and bonded? Accidents can happen, be sure you are protected.
- How long has the company been in business? The longer the better.
- Ask for references from previous clients. If possible, call a few of them for verbal validation.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau to make sure there have not been any complaints filed.
- Ask about cost and accepted forms of payment. The cost will usually vary by the size of the windows, the number of windows and the frequency of cleaning.
By taking time to hire a professional window cleaning company, you will soon have more time for doing the things you love. You will be able to look out at the world around with clarity…not to mention take off an item from your “To Do” list.
More by this Author
No comments yet.