How to build homemade wooden floating shelves?
Today, I will tell you how to create your own floating shelves at home without hiring a carpenter or an interior designer.
Floating shelves are wooden shelves which are mounted in such a way that they seem to be floating. It means that a guest who will come to your home will look on these shelves will not find any visible attachment to these wall shelves. There will no old boring ugly looking rods, brackets, braces, or metal strips which run up and down the wall in your old types of non-floating wooden shelves. The look will be clean and your guest will definitely say that they just look "awesome".
It is not a very difficult task to make your own floating shelves at home and rather is relatively simple.
Before making your own shelves, think like a good carpenter or an interior designer to get maximum WOWS from your guests. Yes you can do that. It involves a little bit of creativity.
How to Install Invisible Shelving Brackets?
Here are some basic tips on how to do that:
1. First of all, select the location where you want to place your floating shelves.
2. Then make a decision on the desired depth and width you want for them. Normally, for one wooden floating shelf, 36" x 10" piece of wood is a standard platform.
3. Now measure the positioning of your wall. The height of the floating shelf platform depends on the size of the wood used to fasten the shelf to the wall.
4. Now mark and cut. Take 2"x 4" and cut a 34" long, you will need 2 of them.
5. Mark and Cut. Take a 1 "X12" shelf and cut a 36" length, you will again need 2 of them.
6. Now attach then to the wall. Take a 2 "X 4" and attach it by screwing 3" wood screws through the 2 X 4 stud in the wall. Enter at least 4 wood screws.
7. Now it is time to attach the bottom part of the shelf. Take a bottom of 1 "x 12" and the screw from the top of the platform perpendicular to the 2x4 on the wall.
8. Now attach the top shelf. Just repeat the same as the bottom for the top 1 "X12" and screw 2x4 mounted on the wall.
9. Now comes the part, bridging the gaps. This leaves a gap in front, where you can attach the 2x4 to the top and bottom 1 "X2". Now your floating shelf is ready.
Now, you can paint your floating shelf or you leave it raw for a wooden look.
Isn't this looks awesome.
How to build your own floating glass shelves?
So what you will go for:See results without voting
More by this Author
I was very frustrated a few months back because my electricity bill was ruining my life, as it was very high. The huge electricity bill, which comes every 56 days at my home, was disturbing the balance of my monthly...
Fortunately, roses are very adaptive to different types of soils and climatic conditions. Nowadays, roses are also budded on rootstalks which have a strong root and a built to thrive in varied conditions. Though, most...
Common questions about gear application on the Royal Enfield 350cc Standard Bike.