how you paint (painting) the primed molded skin door and frames
how to paint a door
You decided to paint your door. Whether it is old door needed painting or new door needed painting, you must ensure, you follow the tips to protect the door and make home improvements.Some of the tips I share with you for painting the door with perfection.
smooth bristel paint brush
Tips for painting door
1. Try to scrap the old paint . Scraping out the paint will give us good finish. If it is new door to be painted , you must do the sanding in order to get smooth finish. You start with rough grit sand paper then apply sanding sealer and make it smooth with fine grit sand paper. This is the basic for preparing a door for painting. Always use protective clothing and gadgets to avoid any staining and lead from the old paint. As such some paints contains lead which is harmful to human beings.
2. Choose the branded fine brush for painting. Even painting with roller also gives good result. Choosing the right brush means , you make sure the bristels are smooth. You can feel this just by touching the brush.Even spray gun also a good option and gives very good finish.
3. It is advisable you remove the hardware before painting. To avoid paint goes inside the hardware and makes the operation difficult. If you feel removing and fixing the door is cumbersome, better use a masking tap to cover the hardware areas.Now you paint on the masking tape also, once paint dries you can peel it off very easily. But make sure some areas you must use tiny brush for painting.
4. Paints should be mixed well with proper proportion of thinner . Check the flow just by dipping the brush and taking out.Make sure it should be too thick or thin. Branded paints will come with mixing details and proportion. Follow that.
5. Normally three coats of painting will yield good results. Do the painting with thin coating. Thick coats will not give good finish. Between the thin coats there should be intervals may be hours depends on your area's climatic conditions and the thinner you used.Following this will give good smooth finish.
6. Depends on your type of door you must choose the paint. If it is exterior grade door , you must go for exterior grade paint which can't easily peeled off due to exposure to heat and rain.If it is interior grade you must choose the normal paint. For bathroom you must use either exterior grade paint or water proof paint. This will help you protect the paint itself. Even fire rated door should be applied with fire retardant paint. For changing the paint for fire door you must follow the manufacturer's instructions. Because this is not only expensive and also needs technical support.
Tips for painting molded skin door
1. Moulded skin doors are different from ordinary conventional wood doors.So,painting of this type of doors needs more attention.Don't use any type of rough sanding paper in order to avoid damaging the grain pattern.
2. First paint the grains carefully, to project the grains after painting.Excess paints in other areas can be sanded out. Preferably choose dark colour while painting the grain pattern..
3. Use three times thin coats of paints instead having one time thick coat. This will help you to avoid peeling off the paint.
4. Give enough time to one coat to the other one.This will improve the cohesion of and adhesion of paints.
5. In white primed molded skin doors can be easily stained with different wood species colour to match with the room and door frame.
how to paint a door
More by this Author
Bringing up the children is considered as complicate job, unless , we learn how to behave in front of the child. You should start from your side , to overcome the shortcomings in children.
Partition walls are of many types. Depends on requirement we may choose a movable one or fixed one or holdable or curtain type. If you need to introduce acoustic properties in partition walls possibilities are there....
Next to roof , one of the most important as well as helping in interior design is Ceiling. That too , in particular wood ceiling is regarded one. There is variety of wood ceilings is been discussed in this hub, choosing...