With so many different blenders on the market, it can be difficult to know which one is going to be the best to have in your kitchen. While many people think that they must have the most expensive small appliances, there are many models that are available for less than $100 that are just as good as their more expensive counterparts.
There are a number of factors to consider when choosing a blender. Obviously, one of the first things is going to be the price. You will also want to look at the blenders that offer the most features, however don`t get carried away by the marketing stuff brands throw at you:buy what you need not what sellers think is better for you.
The most important things you will need to consider include:
- Counter Space – If you don’t have a lot of space, you are not going to want to get a blender that is large, such as a big food processor.
- Jars – It is always best to choose a blender that has a glass jar, because it is less likely to crack and it won’t scratch like plastic.
- Color – Choose a blender that is going to fit in with the colors in your kitchen. Stainless steel is a good option, as it goes with everything.
- Warranties – Make sure that whatever blender you ultimately choose comes with a good warranty.
- Ease of Use – Look for models that are easy to use, as well as easy to take apart and clean.
Blender Comparison Test
The Magic Bullet
If you are looking for a compact mixer that has all the power of a full-sized blender, check out what the Magic Bullet has to offer. It is one of those few products that actually works as well as the advertisements claim. The Bullet can crush ice for smoothies, and it is ideal for making cheesecakes.
- You can make a variety of recipes using the Magic Bullet, including drinks, sauces, meals, and desserts. A recipe book is included.
- The Magic Bullet is small, and doesn’t take up a lot of counter space. This small appliance is ideal for students living in dorms.
- There are many accessories included with the Magic Bullet, including drink cups, two blades, and shaker covers.
- Due to small cup sizes, you can’t make large batches of anything all at once.
- You can only use the Magic Bullet for up to a minute at a time or it overheats.
- The blades can be difficult to clean.
Breville BBL605XL Hemisphere Control Blender
Unlike other blenders, the Breville BBL605XL Hemisphere Control Blender mixes ingredients evenly. Whether you are blending a mix of heavy and light items, or any other items, they are going to be perfectly blended. It can be used for many different functions, including turning ice into snow.
- This blender has a high torque motor that is fast and quiet.
- The Hemisphere Control Blender is easy to use, and offers five different speeds. There are also one-touch buttons for specific blending jobs.
- The blades are made from stainless steel, and will stay sharp for many years.
- This is a heavy unit, as it is made from die-cast stainless steel.
- Only one vessel can be used as the unit is completely one piece, which can also make it difficult to clean.
- The manufacturer’s warranty is only 90 days. For a longer warranty, you must purchase a third-party warranty.
Hamilton Beach 56206 Smoothie Smart Blender
For less than $40, you are getting a great machine for making smoothies, as well as for working with other recipes. Promoted as a smoothie blender, the Hamilton Beach 56206 Smoothie Smart Blender can be used for just about anything you would use a blender for.
- All removable parts are easy to clean, and dishwasher safe, including the jar, lid, and blades.
- The pitcher is made from glass, unlike many others that are made from plastic.
- The pouring spout is different from those of other models, and you won’t end up spilling anything.
- Many people say that this blender doesn’t crush ice as well as it is supposed to.
- This is another heavy machine, weight eight pounds. It is large, and takes up a fair amount of counter space.
- It can take a while to make smoothies with frozen berries, even when using the smoothie setting.
Deni 500 Watt Blender
The Deni 500 Watt Blender offers two speeds, and plenty of power for blending, even if you are making smoothies. You can get this blender for less than $30, so if you are looking for a reasonably priced blender that works well, this is a good option to consider.
- This blender has a non-spill pour spout, so it is ideal for making smoothies, milkshakes, etc.
- The jar is larger than that of many other blenders, with a capacity of 56 ounces.
- The unit disassembles quickly and easily for cleanup.
- With only 500 watts, the Deni 500 Watt Blender doesn’t have as much power as other comparable models.
- This is a tall unit, and may not fit on some counters that have cupboards above them.
- There are no multiple settings for different types of blending, and there is only one speed.
Cuisinart DLC-4CHB Mini-Prep Plus 4-Cup Food Processor
If you want a food processor, but don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars, the Cuisinart Mini-Prep blender is the next best thing. The bowl has a four cup capacity, and in addition to being a blender, you can also use it for grinding and chopping.
- This food processor is easy to clean, and the removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- A custom spatula is included, as well as an easy-to-read instruction manual with recipes.
- The Cuisinart Mini-Prep is compact, and takes up very little counter space.
- This is not the best blender to use for heavier foods. It doesn’t seem to have enough power.
- You can’t hold the button down while blending heavy ingredients, such as bread dough ingredients, as it can damage the motor. You must pulse the ingredients instead.
- You can’t shred cheese as there is no shredder attachment.
These are just a few of the most popular blenders available. The best thing to do is to research the various models, and then shop around until you find the best option at the best price.
One of the most overlooked aspects by consumers is their needs so make sure you write down what you need you blender to do, what kind of foods you`ll be using and how many times per week/month you`ll be using the machine so you can make an educated purchase: not buying what you don`t need or buying short of your real needs.
More by this Author
If travelling with your dog is a headache you probably need a pet barrier for your car: its safer for you and your dog .
Storing ice-cold beverages at your living room for your friends and family is a great way to enjoy your favourite sports event in front of your TV
A Slow cooker may be a very efficient and cheap alternative to the traditional oven, with so many models and brands around we checked the most popular to see why they sell so well.