Trenchless Sewer Replacement
The conventional work for replacing sewer lines are digging for the pipe and then manually replacing them. The use of trenchless technology however made the whole process less damaging and more cost effective.
Its use growing rapidly in the field of construction, Trenchless technology is one kind of subsurface work that as its name implies, makes minimal or no use of trenches at all. This would mean a cleaner and minimal disruption of normal work around the area. The technology is especially popular with trenchless sewers.
So How Is This Done?
Well, here's the general idea:
- An entry and exit hole is created on the two areas to be linked. Obviously, these holes are the start and end point of the replacement pipe.
- To be able to replace the old sewer pipe, a special pipe head, referred to as the splitting head, is attached to the replacement pipe wherein the head 'splits' the old pipe in half as it makes its way through the exit hole.
- The replacement pipe simply replaces the old pipe down the same path. The material to be used is a joint-free (bendable) polyethylene plastic that is sure to last for a long time.
Trenchless Sewer Replacement Benefits
There are lots of advantages of trenchless sewer replacement than the conventional sewer replacement. What are they? Enumerated below are some of the most important ones:
- The entire process is hassle-free. This is one of the primary selling points of this method, there's no need to dig for the pipes (Note: Little digging may be required). Hence there's no dirt, no trouble, and eventually minimal disturbance to your home and even the community.
- The diameter of the existing pipe is increased significantly. How? As the splitting head cuts through the old pipe, the fragments of the old pipe are pushed around the walls, creating an allowance for the bigger replacement pipe. A bigger diameter would mean better fluid flow over the pipe. This would mean less clogging and plumbing troubles for you and your family!
- Prevents common sewage problems. Normally, the used material for the replacement pipers are so strong that sewer flooding and tree root problems are prevent for years to come. Also, the pipes being jointless would totally prevent joint leaks.
What to Look For When Going For These Services
If you would want to avail of trenchless sewer replacement services, you would want to consider a few things first, the most important ones listed below:
- Make sure the company's reputable. Well you may be surprised with this but, there are some cases that thieves use home services like these to survey potential targets. To protect yourself, make sure your company's legit. A little research would help. Also, it would greatly help you if you would look for past customers' reviews.
- Make sure they explain to you how it's done. Some companies do not do this; hence, you should make sure you know what they are doing so you know what you are being charged with. Also, in case of future repairs, you would be able to know what's wrong and even do it by yourself, or someone you know.
There are lots trenchless sewer replacement company out there, and hence it would be of your duty to pick one that suits your needs.
Here's an example of it:
More by this Author
Need more information on Ombre hair colors? Ombre hair colors are one of the trends in fashion, and many celebs use them. Learn more about Ombre hair color here!
No comments yet.