Where Do You Hide the Candy in Your House?
The placement of a candy jar says a lot about you as a person. There are numerous places to put your jar of sweets in your home. There are different pros and cons to placement of a candy jar for each room you consider for your treats;
1. This is where most guests in your home expect to find the food. Putting the candy dish/jar in the kitchen is typically the first logical choice for many.
2. Your kitchen is generally the cleanest place in your home because it is where you prepare your food. The jar will get a good scrubbing the same way you scrub other items found in your kitchen
1. If you have a candy jar in your kitchen, the likelihood of eating the unhealthy candy before selecting a healthier snack is good
2. There are so many other places in your room used to store food, do you have a nice spot to allow the candy to stand out and show off from the rest of your food
1. Many people that have a dining room in their home also have a wonderful table that they enjoy showing off. A candy jar or basket of candies, can make for a great centerpiece
2. There are numerous places to put the candy that allows it to stand out from the rest of the pieces of furniture or décor in the dining room
3. Coordinate your candies and your décor for the season or holiday coming soon
1. If you only want to use your dining room for special occasions, if you place candy in this room you may likely get company or visitors in a room of your home where you don’t want them to be
1. There are a lot of families that spend most if not all of their family and entertaining time in the living room. This is essentially true if you don’t have a dining room. Placing a jar of candy on your sofa table is a terrific way to decorate.
2. You can put healthy candies in your jar if you would like your children to have sugar free candy for snacks. Having them ready and available in a room where a lot of time is spent works well.
3. Turnover of old and new candy is typically faster when the candy is placed in a high traffic area
1. Small children don’t necessarily understand or enjoy the word “no”. if you have the temptation out in the open, get ready for some fussiness
2. Out of sight can mean out of mind for adults also. If you are trying to eat healthy and watch snacks, having a temptation seen so often can lead you to be weak towards temptation
3. More hands in the candy means more germs and the likelihood of passing germs from one family member to another can increase with a community jar of candy in the house. This is especially true during cold and flu season.
There is an option that hasn’t been discussed. Should I put the jar of candy out in my home at all? There are pros and cons to this approach also.
If you have decided to put your jar of candy out, review these pros and cons to determine what location in your home you want to satisfy your sweet tooth.
More by this Author
A child's bathroom is wonderful for parents and kids. Getting things organized to make it a wonderful, safe and beautiful place is easy. Discover ways to make it possible for little money and work
Cleaning and getting rid of the clutter makes a home sell faster. Buyers look in the closets, under the beds and even behind the toilet. Clean places you haven't seen for several months or even a year to sell your house...
Reading is a great way to build brain power. Did you know it is also a great way to get your body physically healthier? Different studies have have proven bookworms are healthier than their non reading counterparts.