50 ways to lose 5-10 pounds fast
Eat all you want and still lose weight.
Here are 50 Of The Easiest and Quickest Ways To Lose 10 Pounds Over and Over Again.
There are only two ways to accomplish it.
The first is by watching what you eat and eating less and the second is by seeing to it that your body burns more calories than it takes in.
- 1. Drink plenty of water. Your body needs a lot of water so give in to water. Water is not just a way to flush out toxin but if you have more water in your body you will generally feel healthier and fitter. This it self will discourage any tendency to gorge. The best thing about water is that is has no calories at all.
- 2. Stay away from sweetened bottle drinks, especially sodas. Hey all those colas and fizzy drinks are sweetened with sugar and sugar means calories. The more you can cut out on these sweetened bottle drinks, the better for you. So if you must drink sodas, then stick to diet sodas.
- 3. Eat fresh fruit instead of drinking fruit juice. Juice is often sweetened but fresh fruits have natural sugars. When you eat fruit, you are taking in a lot of fiber, which is needed by the body, and fruits of course are an excellent source of vitamins.
Start your day with a glass of water. As soon as you wake up, gulp down a glass of cool water. It's a wonderful way to start you day and you only need a Need lesser quantity of your breakfast drink after that. A glass of water lets out all your digestive juices and sort of lubricates the insides of your body. You may have your morning cup of tea but have it after a glass of water. It is good for you.
- 4. Include in your diet things that contain more water like tomatoes and watermelons. These things contain 90 to 95 % water so that there is nothing that you have to lose by feasting on them. They fill you up without adding to the pounds.
- 5. Choose fresh fruit to processed fruits. Processed and canned fruits do not have as much fiber as fresh fruit and processed and canned fruits are nearly always sweetened.
- 6. Increase your fiber intake. Like I mentioned, the body needs a lot of fiber. So try to include in your diet as many fruits and vegetables as you can.
- 7. Drink a glass of water before you start the meal. Water naturally needs some space so that you feel fuller without actually having to stuff yourself.
Have another glass of water while you are having the meal. Again this is another way of making yourself full
so that you can actually rise from the table eating less but feeling full just the same. Instead of drinking it one gulp, take sips after each morsel. It will help the food to settle faster so that you get that feeling that you are full faster.
- 9. Eat your veggies. Vegetables are your best bet when it comes to losing pounds. Nature has a terrific spread when it comes to choosing vegetables. And the leafy green vegetables are your best bet. Try to include a salad in you diet always.
- 10. Eat intelligently. The difference between man and beast is that we are driven by intelligence while beasts are driven by instinct. Don't just eat something because you feel like eating it. Ask your self whether your body really needs it.
- 11. Watch what you eat. Keep a watchful eye on every thing that goes in. Sometimes the garnishes can be richer than the food itself. Accompaniments too can be very rich.
Quit snacking in between meals. Do not fall for snacks in between meals. This is especially true for those who have to travel a lot. They feel that the only time they can get a bite to eat is snacks and junk food. The main problem with most snacks and junk food is that they are usually less filling and contain a lot of fat and calories. French fries are tempting but very fattening.
- 12. Try to stick to black tea/coffee. Black tea or coffee can actually be good for you. But personally I would like to recommend tea rather than coffee. The caffeine in the coffee is not really good for you because it is an alkaloid and can affect other functions of your body like the metabolism.
- 13. Stay away from fried foods. Fried foods are fried in oil or fat. And even if the external oil is drained away, there is still a lot of hidden oil in it so stay away from it.
- 14. Avoid chocolate. Chocolates are not or at least they should not be a part of your diet. So do not indulge too much in them. Even the bitter chocolates are not good for you because though the sugar is less there is still the cream in them.
- 15. 50 to 55% of your diet should be carbohydrates. It is a myth that you should try to avoid carbohydrates when you are on a diet. Carbohydrates are a ready source of energy. 25 to 30% of your diet should be proteins. Various processes and activities are going on in our bodies. Things are broken down and being built up again. Resistance has to be built up, recovery from disease too is needed and for all this the body needs plenty of proteins so make sure that 25 to 30 % of your diet consists of proteins.
Fats should only be 15 to 20 %.
Do not skip meals. The worst things you can do while watching you diet is skip a meal. It has just the opposite effect of what you want. You need to have at least four regular meals every day.
- 18. Try and adopt a vegetarian diet. A vegetarian diet is undoubtedly better for those of us watching our diet. There are a lot of advantages of keeping to a vegetarian diet but I don't want to sing an ode to vegetarianism now. What I would suggest is keep to a vegetarian diet as much as you can. Make a non- vegetarian diet a weekend event or something if you find it impossible to give up eating all those animals.
- 19. Try to have breakfast within one hour of waking. It's always best to have breakfast within an hour of waking so that your body can charge itself with the energy it needs for the day. The idea is not to wait for your self to get really hungry. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day but that does not mean that it should be the most filling meal of the day.
- 20. Control that sweet tooth. Remember that sweet things generally mean more calories. It is natural that we have cravings for sweet things especially chocolates and other confectionary. Go easy on theses things and each time you consume something sweet understand that it is going to add on somewhere.
Fresh vegetables are better than cooked or canned vegetables. Try to eat your vegetables raw. When you cook them, you are in fact taking away nearly half the
vitamins in them. And canned vegetables too are processed and are not nearly half as good as fresh vegetables.
- 21. Choose a variety of foods from all food groups every day. Change the items included in your diet every day.
- 22. Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day instead of three large meals. It is an excellent way of having smaller quantities of food.
- 23. Fix times to have meals and stick to it. Try to have food at fixed times of the day. You can stretch these times by half an hour, but anything more than that is going to affect your eating pattern, the result will either be a loss of appetite or that famished feeling which will make you stuff yourself with more than what is required
- 24. Eat only when you are hungry. Some of us have the tendency to eat whenever we see food. We use parties as an excuse to stuff our selves. Understand that the effect of a whole week of dieting can be wasted by just one day's party food. Whenever you are offered something to eat do not decline it completely just eat less of it.
- 25. Snack on vegetables if you must. You might get the pangs of hunger in between meals. It is something that you can very well control. Or even better, try munching on carrots. They are an excellent way to satisfy those hungry pangs and are good for your eyes and teeth.
- 26. Never eat more than 1 egg a day. Eggs are not such a bright idea. It would be best to reduce your intake of eggs to maybe three in a week. But for those of you die hard egg fans, you may have up to one egg a day but nothing more than that.
- 27. Alcoholic beverages too are not good for you. Beer can be fattening and the rest of the alcoholic drinks may not be fattening by themselves but after a couple of swigs you will be in no position to watch your diet and your appetite too will be something to battle with.
- 28. Choose white meat rather than red which includes fish and fowl, is better than red meat, which includes beef and pork for those trying to lose weight.
- 29. Limit your sugar intake. If you can't have things unsweetened go for sugar substitutes. These things are just as sweetening but are certainly not fattening.
- 30. Watch your fat intake. Each fat gram contains 9 calories so by reading the total calories on a food and knowing the quantity of fat, you can estimate the % of fat, which should in no way exceed 30% of the food.
- 31. Boil your vegetables instead of cooking them, or even better, eat them fresh. However if you do not like eating your vegetables as it is, try steaming them without adding anything at all. This is probably the healthiest way to eat cabbages, cauliflowers and a host of other vegetables.
- 32. Dry wine is better than sweet wine. Sweet wines naturally contain a lot of sugar. But on the other hand, in dry wines most of this sugar has been fermented away so from the weight point of view dry wines are better than sweet wines.
- 33. Develop a habit of chewing all food including liquid food and soft foods like sweets, ice creams at least 15 to 20 times. This is essential to add saliva to the food, as it is only in the saliva that sugar is digested.
- 34. Choose low fat substitutes or no fat substitutes. There are plenty of low fat or even no fat substitutes available in the market so why not choose wisely.
- 35. Use a non stick frying pan for your cooking so that you do not have to add oil. The golden rule is to try and avoid as much oil as possible and a non stick pan is the perfect solution to this problem.
- 1. Be sure to burn out those extra calories by the end of the week. If you feel that you have consumed more calories than you should have during the week, it happens you know, and then make sure that you work off those extra calories by the end of the week.
- 2. Use the stairs instead of the elevator whenever you can. Elevators are a great convenience particularly if you have to go up or down some twenty floors. But elevators also make us very lazy.
- 3. If you hate running, remember, you do not have to run a marathon to stay fit. 10 minutes of cardio each day is good enough for most.
- 4. Do not slouch in your chair but try to maintain an erect posture with your tummy tucked in. Slouching is a very bad habit it also gives you a very flabby figure.
I understand that most of us tend to put on weight particularly in the mid section, right. It is the tummy that seems to have a mind of its own. Well I will tell you a sure shot method to reduce the flab around the waistline.
This is what you have to do to reduce the flab around the mid section:
Breathe in air as strongly as you can and as you do so, tuck in your tummy as much as you can. Hold it like this for a few seconds and then slowly release your breath taking care not to let out your tummy. Try to keep breathing like this at least fifty or sixty times in a day.
In fact breathe like this whenever you can remember to do so. After the first day, you should feel the muscles of your stomach tightening each time you do this.
If you practice this without fail for 20-30 days you will lose at least an inch.
Any work out should start with a 5 to 10 minute warm up and should end with a 5 to ten minute cool down session
- 5. Dancing is a wonderful way to burn off those extra calories. It is true. When you dance you are in fact burning away a lot of calories We are talking about fast dances.
- 6. If there is a pool nearby go for swims as often as you
can, swimming is one of the best exercises. Water has a lot of advantages.
- 7. Don't stand, walk. If you can walk about then do so. Do not stand in a fixed position. Pacing about is a good thing to do. If you are thinking deeply about something, try pacing about, it will aid in your thinking.
Don't sit, stand.
- 8. If you want to increase your time of exercise or your work out routine, do it gradually and not in sudden steps. Well easier said than done. Most of us have such hectic schedules that it is quite impossible to fit in tie for exercise right? Wrong. I want to say it once and for all, your body, or anybody's body for that matter needs proper exercise. If you make up your mind to do it, you can.
- 9. You can take a day off from exercise every week. This is not just a very good idea but it is part of the exercise routine. Your body needs a day off from an exercise routine so do not hesitate to take a day off from what ever you have been doing.
- 10. When you decide it's time to start working out, start slowly and don't get discouraged if you don't achieve your fitness goals after the first week. Many people make this mistake. They feel that if they really push their bodies they can lose more weight in a couple of workouts. This is a very serious thing in fact.
If you try to push your body too much in the first few goes, you are likely to end up with sprained joints, a sore back and even torn ligaments.
- 11. Exercise out side as much as possible. There are two advantages of doing whatever you are doing out side. One advantage is that it gives your body a chance to get a lot of the much needed fresh air and sunshine. The second advantage is that the surroundings keep you perked up and it is a break form remaining cooped up all day long.
- 12. Stop when your body has had enough. There is no
sense in pushing it. When you have worked out for a
considerable time, your body will start giving you
signals. Heed those signals. This is particularly true in the initial stages. Take one step at a time. Stop when you are out of breath or when a certain part of your body tells you that it has had enough.
13. Do not be a couch potato. It is the easiest thing in the world to become a couch potato. You know what we are talking about don't you? In fact, it would be a very good idea if you could keep a chair that isn't too comfortable in front of the TV.
This will discourage any tendency to become a couch potato.
14.If you have a sitting job, stand up and stretch yourself every half an hour. Most of the jobs today are indeed sitting jobs that are in one word sedentary. This is especially true for those who sit and punch away at the keyboard or toy with the mouse all day long.
15.Smoking is bad for weight loss. Smoking as such may not contribute to weight loss but smoking leads to other conditions like erratic eating habits and excessive dependence on things like coffee.
- 16. Any distance is walkable if you have the time, consider walking to places that you would normally drive (such as work or the market if they're not too far away).
- 17. It sounds strange, but some people have reported that they lost more weight when they drank black coffee before a workout. While there's no hard data to support this, nutritionists speculate that the caffeine in coffee makes the body rely more on fat for fuel during the work out. It's worth trying!
18.During commercial breaks walk about. If you want to sit all evening with your eyes glued to the tube, then do so but when the next commercial comes on get up and take a walk. Reach over and try to touch your toes or do any such simple exercise that will at least get the blood flowing in your veins.
Turn on music and dance like wild. Close the door of your room, turn on your sound and do ever boogie move that you know.
20When nobody is watching try doing pelvic gyrations. If you take a moment to observe it you will see that it is the mid section of our body that gets the least bit of exercise and that is probably why the signs of weight gain are mostly seen there. It is the same reason why we find it very difficult to lose weight in that section. So the best thing that you can do is consciously try to give that part a little bit of exercise. Stomach crunches might be too strenuous an exercise to start off with but gyrations are relatively mild. Pelvic gyrations make you thrust your midsection towards all directions and this is the best way
of tightening every muscle in that mid section and that is of course what weight loss is all about.
- 26. Try yoga. Yoga is one of the best ways of losing weight. Of course I can't go into a full lecture about yoga, but I can tell you that I have never seen people with better-toned bodies than those who practice yoga. One of the benefits of yoga is that you learn to control virtually every muscle and joint of your body so that the issue of weight gain will cease to exist.
- 27. If you have a dog, take it for a run and let the dog lead you on. You will be surprised as to how much exercise a dog can give you.
Whenever you can, lean against a wall with your hands flattened against the wall and in such a way that your face is very close to the wall. Then use you hands to push your body away from the wall. Do this 6 to ten times.
- 28. Tuck in your tummy whenever you walk. Get that proper gait. And the best way for that is to tuck in your tummy and inflate your chest. Do not let your tummy hang above your belt line like some unruly layer of flesh. Bring it under the belt.
Each time you tuck in your tummy, you will feel the pressure on the muscles of your stomach. This tightening and loosening of these muscles is even better than stomach crunches.
- 29. Select an exercise pattern to suit your life style. All f us have different life styles and professions so there is no sense in trying to follow the book strictly. Try and follow an exercise routine that is suitable for you. You have to understand that even more important than the exercise itself is sticking to it. So unless you choose something that can suit your life style, you are not going to stick on to it.
- 30. Try to get somebody to exercise along with you. But it should be somebody committed or else your interest might dwindle. This is indeed an excellent idea. One of the advantages of getting a committed person t exercise with you is that it keeps you going.
31. Check your weight before you start the routine and keep checking for changes but do not expect a radical change immediately, it might be one or two weeks before you notice some change. However it is crucial that you continue to monitor your weight. You may bear in mind the fact that even a few pounds loss is a big achievement.
I hope you will take some of the tips we just gave you and make the effort to lose 10 pounds quickly. These tips work IF you put the effort in to do them.
Want to lose 15-20 pounds in 30 days or less GUARANTEED without massive exercise, eating all you want and actually feeling more energetic?
Feel free to pass these tips on to your friends and loved ones so that hey too may lose 10 pounds fast.
Try the tips above and they will work but the products at http://www.behealthyandslim.com/ will help you lose weight faster and easier Guaranteed or your money back, by reducing your appetite so you eat much less and increasing your metabolism so you burn more body fat.
The primary ingredients are Cha De Bugre from the Amazon Rain Forest and Hoodia Gordonii from Northern Africa. Learn more about these ingredients at www.behealthyandslim.com/chadebugre
They are safe, effective without any negative side effects.
The ingredients have been recommended by Oprah, BBC news and NBC the Today show.
To find out more go to http://www.behealthyandslim.com/ now.