Affirmations Of The 13 Moons
Here's a wonderful series of affirmations that I have been using for some time now. You can do one affirmation, individually, at each full moon, in association with each corresponding tree moon. You can also do all 13 as part of your monthly full moon ritual cycle, or all 13 together in a single full moon ritual, or even at every full moon rite. You can take these affirmations one step further by using them as a guided meditation or visualization as well.
Affirmations Of The 13 Moons
1. I honor the energy of BIRCH, for a new beginning. I am able to change myself as I so will it. So mote it be!
2. I honor the energy of ROWAN for protection against darksome enchantment. I will not hobble myself with the chains of past failures. So mote it be!
3. I honor the energy of ALDER, for the protection of my inner oracle. I will listen to The Voice of The Great Goddess within. So mote it be!
4. I honor the energy of WILLOW, for the lunar rhythms within me as a woman. I will recognize and heed my own body's cycles. So mote it be! (Man's version: "I honor the energy of WILLOW, for the rhythms of passion that dwell within me as a man. I will recognize and heed my own body's needs. So mote it be!)
5. I honor the energy of ASH, the wytches wand. I will remember the axiom: "As Above, So Below" - and that I too, play a part in the larger scheme of things. I will link my inner and outer worlds. So mote it be!
6. I honor the energy of HAWTHORN for cleansing and restraint. I will choose what I place within my body-temple, and empty myself and my life of all that violates my personal well-being. So mote it be!
7. I honor the energy of OAK, the Doorway to The Mysteries. I will call upon the strength of The Horned One when I feel in need of protection. So mote it be!
8. I honor the energy of HOLLY, spear of the warrior. I will not remain passive and victimized, but will choose to fight for my own freedom. So mote it be!
9. I honor the energy of HAZEL, the tree of wisdom. I will heed my own inner intuitions, and will be wise and informed in my choices. So mote it be!
10. I honor the energy of VINE, the tree of conviviality and celebration. I will love myself and will celebrate life, not seeing the choices I make as deprivations, but gifts. So mote it be!
11. I honor the energy of IVY, the spiral to center. I will do all that I do because of my own inner desires. I will listen to myself, and will remain balanced and centered while I do this work. So mote it be!
12. I honor the energy of REED, the tool of the hunt. I will take direct action when necessary to protect myself, including the "killing" of old patterns, friendships and associations which harm me. So mote it be!
13. I honor the energy of ELDER which sees the end from the beginning. Throughout many lifetimes I have been here. I have the knowledge that I have changed myself again and again. I will start from where I am now, and continue to persist in my Path. I will succeed. So mote it be!
More by this Author
Learn about what Karma really is and what laws govern it, and you can learn how to live a happier life.