Educating Today's Youth: Suggested Reading
Knowledge is Power
The Reading Materials listed below are a must read for any Educator, Teacher, Tutor, Parent or Student of Education. Not only helpful in developing teaching strategies and techniques, these books focus on the many truths and myths of our educational system, society's misperceptions of today's youth, and the role of education, past present and future. You will find these readings informative and thought provoking to say the least and most are available in your local library, online, or in stores like Barnes and Noble. May you find these books fascinating and above all useful in your future endeavors.
1) The Lexus and the Olive Tree by Thomas L. Friedman
2) The Myth of the Hyperactive Child & other means of child control by Peter Schrag and Diane Divoky
3) Evolution's End (Claiming the Potential of Our Intelligence) by Joseph Chilton Pearce
4) The Roaring 2000s by Harry S. Dent Jr. (Chapter Five - Human Browser-Server Organizations That Operate from the Customer Back not the Top Down):
5) Gone for Good by Dr. Stuart Rojstaczer
6) A is for Admission by Michele A. Hernandez
7) The Fiske Guide to Getting into the Right College by Edward Fiske
) Business at the Speed of Thought by Bill Gates (Specifically: Part Five - Education)
9) Left Back, a Century of Battles Over School Reform by Diane Ravitch
10) Winning Scholarships for College by Marianne Ragins
11) The Student Athlete Survival Guide by Marc Isenberg
12) Colleges That Change Lives by Loren Pope
13) How to get into the Top Colleges by Richard Montauk
14) Get Into any College by Gen and Kelly Tanabe
15) Beyond the Classroom by Laurence Steinberg
16) The Public Ivies, America's Flagship Public Universities by Greene and Greene
17) Barron's Compact Guide to Colleges
18) No More Ritalin by Dr. Mary Ann Block
19) Within Our Reach by Lisbeth B. Schorr
20) A Different Kind of Teacher by John Taylor Gatto
21) A Mind at a Time by Dr. Mel Levine
22) The Exhausted School Edited by John Taylor Gatto
23) Dumbing Us Down by John Taylor Gatto
24) Class, Bureaucracy, and Schools (The Illusion of Educational Change In America) by Michael B. Katz
25) Ritalin Nation by Dr. Richard DeGrandpre
26) The Age of the Smart Machine by Shoshana Zuboff
27) The Support Economy by Shoshana Zuboff
28) What They Don’t Teach You at Harvard Business School by Mark H. McCormack
29) Choice Theory by William Glasser M. D.
30) The Quality School by William Glasser M. D.
31) The Quality Teacher by William Glasser M. D.
More by this Author
Smoke Then Fire You know, when something is too good to be true, it usually is-- a little while back I met this HOT, I mean really HOT Latin chick on Craigslist. We met, hit it off quickly and started seeing each other...
No comments yet.