Indian Food Recipe - Tomato Drumstick Curry
Tomato Drumstick Curry
2 drumsticks, remove skin, cut into 2″ pieces, roast in a tsp of oil for 3-4 mts
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, finely chopped, heirloom work best!
10-12 fresh curry leaves
3-4 garlic cloves, slightly crushed
pinch of turmeric pwd
1 tsp red chilli pwd (adjust)
salt to taste
1/2 tsp grated jaggery (optional)
1 tbsp coriander leaves
1/2 tbsp oil
1. Heat oil in a vessel. Add the crushed garlic and curry leaves and toss them for 8-10 seconds.
2. Add the onions and fry till translucent. Add the chilli pwd, turmeric pwd and salt. Combine well.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook on medium heat uncovered for 4-5 mts. Reduce heat, add the roasted drumsticks and cook covered for another 5 mts.
4. Add a glass of water, jaggery, adjust salt and cook covered till you get the desired gravy consistency.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with hot chapatis or rice.
More by this Author
After a grand wedding, the time will come every girl to give bid off to their family, and has to enter in to new family where she got married. It will be very sensitive for a girl to face all the situations at...