Global warming- our help to save our future and nature
Global Warming is Inspiring Scientists to Fight for AwarenessScientists all over the world are making predictions about the ill effects of Global warming and connecting some of the events that have taken place in the pat few decades as an alarm of global warming. The effect of global warming is increasing the average temperature of the earth. A rise in earth’s temperatures can in turn root to other alterations in the ecology, including an increasing sea level and modifying the quantity and pattern of rainfall. These modifications may boost the occurrence and concentration of severe climate events, such as floods, famines, heat waves, tornados, and twisters. Other consequences may comprise of higher or lower agricultural outputs, glacier melting, lesser summer stream flows, genus extinctions and rise in the ranges of disease vectors. As an effect of global warming species like golden toad, harlequin frog of Costa Rica has already become extinct. There are number of species that have a threat of disappearing soon as an effect of global warming. As an effect of global warming various new diseases have emerged lately. These diseases are occurring frequently due to the increase in earths average temperature since the bacteria can survive better in elevated temperatures and even multiplies faster when the conditions are favorable. The global warming is extending the distribution of mosquitoes due to the increase in humidity levels and their frequent growth in warmer atmosphere. Various diseases due to ebola, hanta and machupo virus are expected due to warmer climates. The marine life is also very sensitive to the increase in temperatures. The effect of global warming will definitely be seen on some species in the water. A survey was made in which the marine life reacted significantly to the changes in water temperatures. It is expected that many species will die off or become extinct due to the increase in the temperatures of the water, whereas various other species, which prefer warmer waters, will increase tremendously. Perhaps the most disturbing changes are expected in the coral reefs that are expected to die off as an effect of global warming. The global warming is expected to cause irreversible changes in the ecosystem and the behavior of animals.
You Can Help Fight Global Warming
No single person will stop global warming, but by working together, we can make it.We could do simple things to help reduce the environment threat "global warming"
- Use the reusables-reduce the use of disposables which increases the waste
- Use recyclable paper, plastic, newspaper, glass and aluminum cans
- Add insulation to walls and attic, and install weather stripping or caulking around doors and window this reduces the energy used to warm or cool rooms
- Regarding air conditioning use moderate temperatures
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs instead of incandescent bulbs
- Use only the light required for work ,switch them off when not needed
- Remember to switch off the television,stereoplayer,computer,video player when not in use.please use the 'off' switch.
- Buy only energy efficient products instead of luxurious ones.Buy Products That Have Earned the Energy Star.
- Could save some significant time and money by moving closer to work and reducing commute .
- Keep car tuned up and its tyres properly inflated to save on fuel costs as well as reducing carbon dioxide emissions.
- Besides saving gasoline, walking and biking are great forms of exercise
- Check out options for carpooling to work or school.
- Make your cookouts solar events by switching to solar ovens.
- During travel stay at' green hotels' where the owners have programs that save energy and water and reduce solid waste.
- Make saving energy a family affair.
- Re-energize your office: Help institute energy- (and money-) saving steps: use ceramic cups instead of disposable ones; encourage double-sided copying; "unplug and strip" ; start a carpool; turn down the lights.
- Plant trees wherever possible.discourage cutting down of trees.
- Encourage Others to Conserve
More by this Author
Candle Making Gel Candles Gel candles are easy to make. They are gaining popularity as they burn longer than wax candles. You can try out different ways to make beautiful 3D effect candles making layers or...