Gujarat Police was challenged before the blast ‘Stop us if you can’
The Email By The Indian Mujahideen
Just before the bomb blasts the Police had received an email saying "We the Indian Mujahideen have carried out attacks and will continue to do so. Stop us if you can."
The Intelligence Bureau (IB), after investigating the above mentioned email, said their intention is to create chaos and panic. Its purpose is to scare the government.
The Indian Mujahideen claimed responsibility for yesterdays blasts in Banglore. The mail clearly stated that their intention is to the fight government which it feels is anti-Muslim. They did not mean not to cause casualties. The Bharatiya Janata Party is in power in both Banglore, (Karnataka) and Ahmedabad, (Gujarat).
Twice before, the Indian Mujahideen had sent out emails after blasts to claim responsibility. Once during the Uttar Pradesh blasts in November 2007 and then Jaipur blasts on May 13, 2008.
The Indian Mujahideen is believed to be a group formed by a youth from Hyderabad, as a faction of the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI). The IB had been doubting the connection of the SIMI with the Banglore blasts, now that the Indian Mujahideen claimed responsibility for it, it is confirmed that with the arrest of SIMI's top leaders in Indore, the Indian Mujahideen has been given the responsibility of carrying out terror strikes.
For those of you who have missed catching the story, heres a quick recap.
Another series of bomb blasts rock India
Just a day after the serial blasts in Banglore, today ie, Saturday 26th July, Ahmedabad was rocked by similar serial blasts. But this time, the number of people hurt and the bombs had increased. What tomorrow holds for India, only time will tell.
29 people were killed and some 100 plus were injured as 16 serial bomb blasts rocked Ahmedabad. The explosions started in the evening.
- The first two blasts were in Maninagar area at 6.45 pm.
- The second blast occurred near LG Hospital.
- Another in a bus in Sarkej area.
- Yet another blast occurred outside the Bapu Nagar station.
- More blasts at Isanpur, Narol circle, Bapunagar, Hatkeshwar and Sarangpur bridge and Odhav.
The bombs were mostly planted on the buses of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation, during the peak hours in the evening. A couple of bombs were reported to have been placed in tiffin boxes. Probably cycles were used to plant the bombs.
After the Blasts :
Garbled remains of buses, cycles, motorcycles and autos along with splattered blood, chaos and panic.
- More Pictures from Ahmedabad’s blasts
For More Pictures from Ahmedabad’s blasts, Click The link.
- The city transport buses have stopped running for a while.
- Gujarat has been put on high alert following the blast.
- Security has been beefed up across the state, particularly in the state capital Gandhinagar.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has condemned the blasts and urged the people to maintain peace and communal harmony in the state.
- All phone lines are jammed and networks have collapsed.
- The injured have been rushed to the civil hospital and LG Hospital.
More by this Author
The Beijing National Stadium, nicknamed ‘The bird's nest' has attracted everyone's attention and is expecting half a million spectators throughout the course of the games, this year. Its designed by famed Swiss...
No comments yet.