How to get a patio idea
How do you think of getting the right idea for your patio? It's fun thinking about a patio for your outdoor living place. You might be visualize entertaining your family and friends. Perhaps relaxing quietly enjoying the tranquility and quiet is a nice thought or even listening to some trickling water.
However, there are many kind of design aspects to be consider.
1. How large do you want your patio to be? Is it just a minor sitting place for two, or do you want the place to entertain large groups of people? As a guide, a sixty inch round table and chairs would require about fifteen feet of space. This will allows for chairs to be moved around and also allows for reaching around the furniture. A lounge needs about ten feet of space. A patio which is fifteen feet by twenty feet or about 300 square feet is proper size.
2. Work with a design that match well with the architecture of your home. Once a while the easiness of interesting geometric shapes and paving patterns look graceful. In other conditions, curvilinear designs look beautiful and might blend in well with natural surroundings.
3. What about paving materials? Are you looking for an cheap result? Colored concrete does the job nicely. I proposed this for a client on a budget and they loved it. I designed the concrete so that it was patterned with large squares for interest. Do you have your heart set on natural stone? Travertine pavers are becoming popular. They are actual stone but are cut into regular shapes for an easy, dry laid installation. Blue stone is always gorgeous whether it be laid in mortar or dry laid. You can select from irregular or regular patterns.
4. How tall above the ground is your door to the house? If there is a four inch to eight inch difference, you can design on just stepping onto the patio. However, if your doorway is taller, some creative design work must be done. A lot of times building a nice sized landing to step onto is marvelous. With this, a few steps are provided down to the patio. This provides a comfortable place to step onto, instead than just a narrow step. If your door is very tall, you can also add some steps off the patio.
The plan is to build a gradual transition to ground level.
5. Seat walls are a nice addition to patios. They not only give something attractive and vertical to look at, but also extra seating and a cozy area for talking. Seat walls must be eighteen to twenty four inches high and a minimum of one foot deep. The top of the wall should be level. For example, if the seat wall is to be made from natural stone, a blue stone cap provides a comfortable seat and also a resting place for food or drinks.
6. Think about some nice characteristic to put to your patio. The sound of water from a natural or formal pond at the edge or nearby is both beautiful and peaceful. Maybe a special sculpture works well in the design. If your patio is located in a hot and sunny area, consider a pergola or trellis for shade. You might also have a simple bird bath fountain.
Considering all of these design elements will lead to a patio project that is aesthetic, functional and enjoyable. Check out here for more.
- idealhouseplan.com - Home
Idealhouseplan.com is a information center for house plan, special project and house extention. We,ve the house plans specialist center.