How to Wash Your Face
How to Wash Your Face
You do it every day, but do you really know how to wash your face to avoid acne and other skin problems? Face washing is really the core of beautiful skin on a beautiful face. Before you apply all those cosmetics or medications for your acne, experts say you should always wash your face first.
Proper cleaning is essential in maintaining beautiful and healthy skin. Since we always want to put our “best face forward,” following are several tips that we compiled on how to properly wash your face.
Are you looking for a really good face cleanser?
Tips for a Clean Face
- Remove every trace of make-up or cosmetics on your face. Use cotton balls and moisturizing cream to avoid damaging your skin. Your skin is clean when the cotton balls remain white.
- Use lukewarm water. Avoid using water that is too hot or too cold water as it can dry out your skin. Using lukewarm water will also open the pores for deeper cleansing.
- Avoid strong or harsh soaps and cleansers. Strong soaps can dry out your skin and strip off the natural lipids your skin needs to remain elastic. If you prefer soap, choose soaps that are mild; otherwise, you should always choose cleansers that are soap-free, non-comedogenic, and mild -- Burt Bee’s, Cetaphil, ClearPores, or Neutrogena.
- Massage your face while washing by gently rotating upwards your middle ring and pinky fingers. Remember that hard rubbing could damage your skin and will actually do more harm than good.
- Rinse your face very well to remove all residue of soap or cleanser. Residues left behind of even the best cleansers can actually clog your pores and lead to acne. Cheap facial cleansers can leave an invisible residue behind which can clog your pores. Rinse your face three times, then rinse again.
- Pat your face dry with a soft, non-abrasive cotton towel. Never, ever rub your face dry.
- After cleansing, use an alcohol-free toner on your face. It should make your face feel smooth and refreshed. Astringents and toners with glycolic acid or alpha hydroxy acid work best for toning the face. These acids can actually reduce the size of your pores and help avoid ingrown hairs. They are aggressive and will provide quick results. Remember to look for a product that is not photosensitive (sensitive to light).
- Finish off with a good moisturizer to replenish the natural oils that have been lost. Moisturizing after cleansing is a absolute necessity. Again, the product with the least amount of harsh chemical additives is the best. Always use a light moisturizer on your face after cleansing. For an intensive moisture treatment if you have dry skin, use pure vitamin E or aloe vera oil, Both are available in liquid form, or just break open a capsule and apply the oil directly to your skin.
These are eight simple steps that will help you keep your face clean and beautiful. Start today for a more refreshed and beautiful you.
Visit these resources to learn even more about healthy skin
More by this Author
Need help getting rid of dark spots on your skin? People want a smooth, clear and even complexion. Naturally, nobody wants their skin to be synonymous with a Dalmatian…unless they are trying to set a new trend...