More outings for your spouse under $25
Here are some more ideas.
I think that you can do many more things under $25 for your spouse than what I originally put. I feel bad not giving you more.
1. Karoake - This is a personal one for me cause I met my wife this way. It can be very cheap if you don't drink a lot of alcohol. You can get an appetizer and two drinks for under $25 and you can hang out all night talking, laughing and enjoying each others talents or non talents. Either way you are out having fun.
2. Hiking - Here you kill two birds with one stone. There are generally a lot of hiking trails around that you don't even know about. I have seen some pretty cool things here in Southern California that I would never have guessed existed unless I went hiking. This is great as it takes up all day and if you backpack could take over night and not cost you more than $25. Talk to the local outfitter shop about cool places to visit. They will also furnish you with very detailed maps and help you pick something to your skill level.
3. Annual Passes - I know this usually costs more than $25 to purchase but if you pick the right venue, ie. museum, science center, etc. you could spend less than that per visit. We purchase the Disneyland annual passes for our family and it is great cause we add parking and don't pay dime, except for the once a year payment. This is great if you want to just hang out with the sweetie. I love to walk around those kind of places. I don't have to rush and I can actualy feel good about going to the shows instead of riding as many rides as I can.
4. Local Fair - Going to the fair is so romantic and fun. If you look in the paper you can find good deals and see which days let you in for little to no money. This way you spend your money on the food. You can spend your time looking at the exhibits and animals. You don't have to buy everything at the fair.
5. Flea Market - This is just as much fun as the fair and you can buy little trinkets and flowers for your spouse for little money. Food can be fairly spendy but plan to go to a park after for a picnic.
6. Antique Shopping - Look for the town in your area known for their antiques. Every area I know of has one. They are usually very cute and quaint and fun to walk around. You don't have to buy anything. I like to talk about the treasures we find. It really gives you a sense of our past.
7. Miniature Golf - Generally this is very reasonable in price. You can find out when they have the slowest days and see if they have discounts. Then take your spouse out for some retro fun. This brings back good memories to us older folk and can give new memories for all.
As you can see there is no end to your imagination. I even love going to IKEA and putting our 5 year old in the kids area for an hour. Then my wife and I walk around dreaming of how we want to decorate our house if we had more money. Then after our son is done in the play area we all go up for a very reasonable meal. It is nutritious and delicious. I love their meatballs. Please leave a comment to let us know what you think about this hub.