Nail Culture (Manicure & Pedicure)
Tools & Materials Needed:
Hand & Body Lotion
Nail Brush Colorless / Colored Polish
Orange Wood Stick
Cosmetology- is the science of caring & beautifying the skin, the eyes, nails and lips with the use of cosmetics.
Manicure - the treatment of the hands & fingernails.
Pedicuring – the process of caring & beautifying the foot & toenails.
- Remove the old nail polish starting with the hand.
- Cut & shape the nails with the use of nail cutter.
- File the nails using the emery board. Working from the little finger toward the thumb.
- Soften the cuticle & loosen then by applying cuticle remover.
- Push & trim the cuticle & loosen then by applying cuticle remover.
- Brush nails using nail brush in downward movement.
- Apply cuticle oil or hand lotion then massage.
- Apply merthiolate surrounding the nails.
- Apply nail polish, first the base coat, then colored polish, then the top coat.
- Remove the excess polish around nails, repeat the same procedure on the right hand.
Individual Shapes of nails: