Nail Culture (Manicure & Pedicure)
Tools & Materials Needed:
Hand & Body Lotion
Nail Brush Colorless / Colored Polish
Orange Wood Stick
Cosmetology- is the science of caring & beautifying the skin, the eyes, nails and lips with the use of cosmetics.
Manicure - the treatment of the hands & fingernails.
Pedicuring – the process of caring & beautifying the foot & toenails.
- Remove the old nail polish starting with the hand.
- Cut & shape the nails with the use of nail cutter.
- File the nails using the emery board. Working from the little finger toward the thumb.
- Soften the cuticle & loosen then by applying cuticle remover.
- Push & trim the cuticle & loosen then by applying cuticle remover.
- Brush nails using nail brush in downward movement.
- Apply cuticle oil or hand lotion then massage.
- Apply merthiolate surrounding the nails.
- Apply nail polish, first the base coat, then colored polish, then the top coat.
- Remove the excess polish around nails, repeat the same procedure on the right hand.
Individual Shapes of nails:
More by this Author
ORIGIN OF THE PHILIPPINES It is believed that before the end of the Ice Age, about 70,000,000 years ago, our country was connected to the mainland of Asia by long strips of land. These strips of land served as land...