No TV For Five Days: Day 2
August 5, 2008: Gloomy Tuesday
I've decided that Tuesday is officially worse than Monday. The weekend was over two days ago, and Friday is still three days away.
Today was difficult. I had a headache that started early in the afternoon and lasted all throughout the evening. By the time I got home, all I wanted to do was lay down and watch tv, to zone out and forget about the world's problems.
I sucked it up and decided to take a nap. It didn't help. Defeated, I ignored my headache and tried to do my best to be productive with the rest of the evening.
Day 2, TV-Free, here are the things I accomplished:
- Ran an errand and checked off 5 things on my To-Do list
- Prepared dinner and did 3 loads of laundry
- Caught up on some accounting paperwork for a personal client (months overdue!)
- Watched new, funny home videos of my brother's kids
- Started the One Hundred Push-ups Program with my husband =)
Since I was so bothered by my headache, I spent a good amount of time this evening reading some material:
- I learned about headaches and tips on how to prevent them
- Learned to do a Taoist exercise for stretching/breathing/relieving headaches
- Read about some scary stuff called New Daily Persistent Headache
Health issues aside, I realized that as soon as I pushed myself to do things, the less I thought about relaxing in front of the TV. There's always a great sense of accomplishment every time I get to check things off my To-Do list. Even better, reading books/magazines and surfing online adds to my knowledge and edumacation, more than anything I would get from the television news or shows.
To pacify my thirst for some celebrity news and gossip, I shall read about the new Brangelina Twins before I sleep tonight. No Access Hollywood for me!
Links To My Other Posts
More by this Author
If you're the average toy dog owner, it might be safe to say that your Shih Tzu has two main purposes in your life: to provide unconditional love and friendship, and to be the little cute thing that makes you happy....