2 tbsp. oil
3 tbsp. sugar
Small yellow bean sauce
1 whole duck
½ medium cucumber
4 green onions
- Clean and dry duck, leave in a cool place overnight.
- Finely shred the cucumber and green onions.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Place the duck on a grill rack set on top of a baking pan. Cook the duck for 1 hour and 15 minutes. The duck should be very dark and crispy.
- For the sauce, heat 2 tbsp. oil in a small pan. Add the yellow bean paste and sugar. Cook together for 1-2 minutes.
- Peel the skin off the duck and cut into 2 - inch slices. Serve on a heated platter. Carve the meat off the duck into 2 inch slices, serve on a separate platter.
- The duck skin and meat are eaten by wrapping them in pancakes which are first of all brushed with a teaspoon of duck sauce and a layer of cucumber and green onions.
More by this Author
No comments yet.