Pumpkin de Leche Flan
Cooking is my life now that I am a full time mom. I just find it fun and interesting. When I am not in the computer most of the time I find myself making something in the kitchen. With growing up kids, it is of utmost import-tance that you will be able to give them food that has enough nourishment to their bodies. When everything can be ordered or bought in the store I would still prefer to have something nutritious and freshly made for my family. Everyone's just excited to come home because they know that I am preparing something good for them.
So how many of you have tried the delicious pumpkin de leche flan? Having lots and lots of pumpkins in this season at its best price, it is but right for you to try this out. You will love this simple yet very nutritious dessert that is fast and easy to make.
Estimated preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
1 can condensed milk
1/2 can evaporated milk
6 pcs egg yolks
1 cup pumpkin/squash cooked, mashed, and sifted
1 tsp vanilla for flavoring or lemon essence
1/2 cup sugar for the syrup
1/2 cup water
Preparing the syrup:
1. Put the water and sugar in a pan. Stir in until it boils and gives a golden
2. Pour half of the syrup into the mould.
1. In a bowl, separate the egg white from the egg yolk.
2. Put the egg yolk , evaporated milk, condensed milk, pumpkin/squash,
and vanilla extract then mix by hand or blender.
3. Pour it into an aluminum mould that has sugar caramel in it then cover it
4. Steam for 20 minutes. Let cool and refrigerate.
5. Run a thin knife around the edges of the mould to loosen the leche flan.
Then place a platter on top of the mold and turn it upside down.
6. Pour the rest of the syrup over the flan and your pumpkin de leche flan is
ready to serve.
Comments 2 comments
More by this Author
Rice is a part of an important diet to a lot of people all over the world. In fact, it is considered a staple food for filipinos, other asian countries, middle eastern countries and even in Latin America. Some people...