Quick Rustic Homemade Bread
Homemade Bread = Easy
There are few things more comforting than the smell of fresh baked bread. Homemade bread doesn’t require hard labor or hours of preparation. This quick recipe is ready in less than an hour and best of all you don’t have to wait for yeast to rise.
Simple enough for the bread-weary and a fun recipe to make with kids.
This versatile rustic loaf is dense and moist. Delicious topped with butter, jam or dunked in soup.
Dress it up with your favorite herbs, dried fruit, nuts, seeds or cheese to match the mood. Sweeten with additional honey, sugar or a touch of cinnamon. Enjoy!
Quick Rustic Bread
- 4 cup flour (all purpose, white or whole wheat)
- 3/4 cup oatmeal, flax meal OR wheat germ
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine oatmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, dissolve honey in canola oil then stir in the milk.
- Combine mixtures, stirring until a soft dough is formed. Dough will be wet and sticky.
- Pat dough into a ball and place on a lightly oiled or parchment lined baking sheet. OR place into a grease loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes. Check after 30 minutes. Loaf should be evenly browned.
- Cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Tip: Test the doneness of a loaf of bead by tapping the bottom crust: it should have a hollow should when tapped.
Find more great bread recipes:
More by this Author
“Closing a call” is not a skill limited to sales. In sales the term refers to the final step in a sales presentation where the sales representative elicits some form a confirmation or agreement from their...