Recipe: Fish Curry
I love seafood, this is a classic recipe from my mom.
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) fish like cat fish, Mackerel, trout etc.
- 2 medium size onions
- 5 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut
- 1 tbsp tamarind
- 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds
- fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 tbsp garam masala
- 1/4 tbsp turmeric powder
- few curry leaves
- 3 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel, when hot add 3/4th of onion and garlic and fry until onion is brown
- Prepare masala paste using fried onion & garlic and other ingrediants coriander powder, chilli powder, coconut, tamarind water, poppy seeds (crush them in a bowl before), fresh coriander leaves, garam masala, turmeric powder
- Now in a cooking vessel heat oil, when hot put curry leaves
- Add remaining onion, fry for 2-3 minutes
- Now add masala paste prepared earlier and about 3 cups of water, heat on high flame
- Meanwhile, if not prepared already, clean and cut fish into medium size pieces
- When masala water comes to boiling point reduce heat to medium flame
- Add 1.25 tbsp of salt and then fish
- Let everything boil for 12-15 minutes or until fish is cooked, don't stir fish while cooking because this might break fish
Enjoy the fish curry after few hours of cooking for better taste. Eat it with basmati or sona masoori rice.
More by this Author
Recently my GE Space-maker Microwave (7 years old, model JVM1631BB) stopped heating food. When I start it works as if it is heating food, but it was not heating food. After doing some research online I found that it is...