Recipe: Fish pan fry
This is an easy and fast recipe for frying fish.
- 2 boneless fish fillets like Tilapia, Salmon or Catfish
- 2 tbsp fish masala, I use Shan brand
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp each ginger and garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 garam masala
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- few fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- First mix all the ingrediants with little water except fish
- Now clean the fish fillets and apply the paste on both sides
- If you have time, let the fish marinate for few hours
- Now in a pan, big enough to hold both fillets, add 5 tbsp of oil and heat
- Once hot add fish fillets, cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes
- Turn on the otherside and cook for another 5 minutes.
- If pan looks too dry, add 2 more tbsp of oil
- Some fish like Tilapia can be cooked in 10 minutes, but catfish might take little longer to cook.
- To know whether fish cooked or not, if you poke fish with spatuala on the fatter side it should go through easily
More by this Author
Recently my GE Space-maker Microwave (7 years old, model JVM1631BB) stopped heating food. When I start it works as if it is heating food, but it was not heating food. After doing some research online I found that it is...