Types of US Visa

Hi ppl here is a very useful information on different types of US visa.

A Visas (Official Visas)

A-1: For Ambassadors, public ministers & consular officers

A-2: For immediate family members of A-1

A-3: Attendants & servants of A-1 and A-2 holders

B (Business/Visitor) Visa

B-1 Temporary visitor for business

B-2 Temporary visitor for leisure

C & D Visa (For Aliens in transit)

C-1,2: Alien in transit directly through US

C-3: Family of C-1,C-2 in transit

C-4: Transit without Visa(TWOV)

D-1: Sailors departing on vessel of arrival

D-2: Sailors departing by other means

E - Visa (For Traders/Investors)

E-1 Treaty Trader, spouse and children

E-2 Treaty Investor, spouse and children

F Visa (Students)

Want to study or research at a U.S. college? Then F is the visa for you -

F-1: Academic Student

F-2: Spouse or child of F-1

H (Temporary Worker) Visa

H-1B: Persons in a specialty occupation

H-2B: Seasonal nonagricultural workers

H-3: Trainees other than medical/academic; also training of handicaps

H-4: Dependants of H visa holders

I Visa (Mediapersons)

Are you a reporter, film person, Editor? Then you require an I-visa - Essential docs: Your press ID, a letter from the editor.

J & Q Exchange Visitor Visa

J-1 exchange visitors may be academics, scientists, business people or students.

J-1: Visas for exchange visitors

J-2: Spouse or 'child' of J-1 under 21

Fiance(e) of US Citizen

K-1 Fiance(e)

K-2 Minor child of K-1

K-3 Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (LIFE Act)

K-4 Child of K-3 (LIFE Act)

Docs: Marriage certificate & Photos, Intent of marrying within 90 days in US(for K1). -- à For those who are looking to settle down, well, this is the way to go.

L Visa (Intracompany Transferees)

L-1A Executive, managerial

L-1B Specialized knowledge

L-2 Spouse or child of L-1

Vocational and Language Students

M-1 Vocational student or other non-academic student

M-2 Spouse or child of M-1

O -Visa (For Prodigies)

O-1: For a Genius in Sciences, Arts, Education, Business, or Athletics.

O-2: Alien's (support) accompanying O-1

O-3: Spouse or child of O-1 or O-2

Athletes and Entertainers

P-1: Athletes & Entertainment groups

P-2: Entertainers in exchange programs

P-3: Entertainers in cultural programs

P-4: Spouse or child of P-1, 2, or 3

R-Visa (Religious Workers)

R-1 Religious workers

R-2 Spouse or child of R-1

Best wishes!


More by this Author

Comments 1 comment

svarat dasa 7 years ago

thanks priyanka !

    Sign in or sign up and post using a HubPages Network account.

    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    No HTML is allowed in comments, but URLs will be hyperlinked. Comments are not for promoting your articles or other sites.

    Click to Rate This Article