What is Tsaang-gubat means?
Tsaang Gubat or Wild Tea (Ehretia microphylla Lam.)
Tsaang Gubat is one of the 10 herbs that is endorsed the Philippine Department of Health (DOH) as an antispasmodic for abdominal (stomach) pains. And is registered as a herbal medicine at the Philippine Bureau of Food & Drug (BFAD).
Tsaang Gubat is a shrub (small tree) that grows (from 1 to 5 meters) abundantly in the Philippines. In folkloric medicine, the leaves has been used as a disinfectant wash during child birth, as cure for diarrhea, as tea for general good heath and because Tsaang Gubat has high fluoride content, it is used as a mouth gargle for preventing tooth decay. Research and test now prove it's efficacy as an herbal medicine. Aside from the traditional way of taking Tsaag Gubat, it is now available commercially in capsules, tablets and tea bags.
Tsaang Gubat is also knows as: Wild Tea, Forest Tea, Alibungog (Visayas Region), Putputai (Bicol Region) and Maragued (Ilocos Region). Scientific name: Ehretia Microphylla Lam.
Benefits & Treatment of :
• Stomach pains
• Intestinal motility
• Diarrhea or Loose Bowel Movement (LBM)
• Mouth gargle
• Body cleanser/wash
Preparation & Use
• Thoroughly wash the leaves in running water. Chop to a desirable size and boil 1 cup of chopped leaves in 2 cups of water. Boil in low heat for 15 to 20 minutes and drain.
• Take a cupful every 4 hours for diarrhea, gastroenteritis and stomach pains.
• Gargle for stronger teeth and prevention of cavities.
• Drink as tea daily for general good health.
More by this Author
Herbal Medicine: Sambong (Blumea balsamifera L.) Sambong (scientific name: Blumea balsamifera) is a amazing medicinal plant. It is a antiurolithiasis and work as a diuretic. it is used to aid the treatment of kidney...