You Might Be A Hubber
Do you have the Hub Bug?
Since I have joined Hp, I have spent many nights at the computer when I needed to be sleeping. Not to mention all the other things I could be doing! I figure that I can not possibly be the only one in this fix so I figured I would create this little test to see if there are others with this addiction. I refer to it as the Hub Bug.
You might be a hubber
You might be a hubber IF....
- When you go to bed at night your body wants to sleep but you keep hearing these little voices saying "Hey, let's write a hub about (fill in the blank").
- Your mate tells you they love you and you reply with "Hub love you too" (oops!)
- It takes you an hour to realize that the smoke coming from the front of the house is the pot roast you put in the oven for dinner (5 hours ago!)
- You squirm around in your seat trying not to wet your pants because you just HAVE to finish your latest hub. (Some may even consider investing in Depends at this point)
- You call in sick to work and tell the boss you have a "bug" (hub bug) because the Hub Love contest has finally chosen your favorite topic.
- You purchase a fridge for your computer room because you lose entirely too much time from hubbing having to run back and forth to the kitchen.
- You crawl into bed and your mate is feeling a bit frisky. You jump out of bed, tell them to hold that thought because you sense a hub coming on. (major oops!)
- You have to beat the crap out of your keyboard every couple of days to remove all the crumbs, cigarette ashes and other debris that has accumilated from living over the keyboard.
- Your pet has begun to look at you funny, as if they don't recognize you anymore.
- You know all of the pizza delivery guys name, address and social security numbers.
- The sheriff shows up at your door because concerned family members have filed a missing person's report on you.
- Your spouse now refers to Hub Pages as the home wrecker.
While I am sure there are many more telltale signs that you have been infested with the Hub Bug, these are just a few of the symptoms to be on the lookout for. And if you have any bloodwork done at the doctor's office and they find that your bloodstream is 99.99% coffee, tea or soda just tell the doctor to look in his medical dictionary under Hub Bug for treatment.
Yep, I'm a hubber! If you don't believe me just go back over the last couple of days and look at the time stamp on all my posts, comments and hubs. What time do you think it is as I write this one?
More by this Author
Many of us have always known that B-12 vitamins were good energy vitamins but do you really know just how important B-12 is to your bodily functions? Well, I didn't have a clue until I became totally disabled, having no...