I fully believe that it's crucial for people to get life insurance. I've got an entire hub explaining how funeral insurance will help your family out when they need it most (http://hubpages.com/hub/Funeral-Insurance-Will-Pro... That said, there are things that you can do to pay for a funeral if the person who has died did not have that all-important life insurance. They include:
- Paying for the funeral on a payment plan, an option that some funeral homes make available.
- Paying for the funeral with a credit card.
- Using savings to pay for the funeral.
- Requesting that friends and family make a small donation to a memorial fund that will be used to pay for the funeral.
- Getting assistance from local non-profit and religious organizations that assist with these situations. The options vary from location to location.
This is a tough thing to deal with which is why it's so important that people have life insurance!