Native American Medicine wheel
In the business of animal medicine a medicine wheel is considered a very important concept on the way of the sacred path. It is considered to be a magical ceremonial space and serves to get one centered and enables one to live a balanced life.
It is constructed in an open space using twelve large stones; four are a little bigger than the others.
Medicine wheel is constructed like a clock with four cardinal points. Begin by placing one large stone in the south. This is regarded as where life begins as seen as the place of the child. Next place one west, one north and one in the east, the place where spirit enters. Two stones are laid between these four cardinal points and have the ability to influences the cardinals next to it. When about to close the space ask the spirit to fill the space before closing so that mutual love and harmony may occur.
Medicine wheel is a symbol of the wheel of life which is forever revolving, bringing new lessons of life. It teaches that all lessons are equal in a pathway to truth, peace and harmony. Based on this foundation the animal medicine cards can be laid in a pattern call the medicine wheel spread. If the cards are reverse their meanings are opposite. It is best to right all cards before starting. In this spread each of the four direction reveals' certain principles and insights that you need reflection on your personality and the lessons you need to learn from yourself, others and animals. The card in the centre is the sacred mountain or the sacred tree position.
Medicine Wheel spread
- 1 East card reveals where your spiritual strength lies and indicate the direction your spiritual Path is taking. It can reveal the major challenge in seeking clarity in your present position.
- 2 South card describes how animal medicine is teaching the child within you or your adult self. It is what you need to trust in yourself and what you need to nurture in your growing self.
- 3 West card gives internal solutions to your present life challenge it indicates where you goals need challenge.
- 4 North card teaches you how you may spiritually apply and interrogate the lessons of the other directions. The animal medicine of this card is the key to walking in wisdom knowing the teacher within and connecting to the higher self.
- 5 The sacred mountain card ask you to look at the present .This card Indicates how your physical and spiritual realities melded to produce at the present moment.
The Universal Medicine Wheel Teaching is meant to show that there is ONLY ONE CREATOR GOD and ONE FAMILY OF GOD! We were placed on the earth in four original tribes and all people [sic] were originally Native to the warth. We were originally given the same teachings, with different perspectives. We all need to share our knowledge with one and other, so that we all might grow Greater in Spirit. The Creator does not hold one nation above another and sent messengers to all nations. Everyone was given Medicine Wheels, Mandalas, Sacred Circle Teachings, to learn about their relationship to All Life.