Do you know what you're afraid of ?
All of us are afraid of something. Be it to lose a loved one, the fear of losing our job the following day, the fear of being alone when we get old, the fear of heights, the fear of snakes, the list continues. But do we know what this kind of fear is called ? The fear of something is termed a "phobia". I remember in high school when we were asked to make a list of all the phobias available. That assignment seemed hard as I didn't know what all these are called.
For the purpose of information, I made a little research and listed some of the phobias I could see in the dictionary. Below are some of them and I hope this hub could help anyone who needs information about all of those we fear about.
- extreme or irrational fear of heights.
- extreme or irrational fear of open or public places.
DERIVATIVES agoraphobe n. agoraphobic adj. & n.
- extreme or irrational fear of cats.
- DERIVATIVES ailurophobe n.
- extreme or irrational fear of spiders.
- DERIVATIVES arachnophobe n. arachnophobic adj.
- extreme or irrational fear of confined places.
- DERIVATIVES claustrophobe n.
adj. suffering from claustrophobia. (of a place or situation) inducing claustrophobia.
n. a claustrophobic person.
- DERIVATIVES claustrophobically adv.
- extreme or irrational fear of computers or technology.
- DERIVATIVES cyberphobe n. cyberphobic adj. & n.
More by this Author
Many Filipinos want to work abroad because of the high dollar to peso exchange rate. It sure makes a difference if someone works abroad and sends his money back home to his family. This makes him earn at least 40 times...
No comments yet.