Spicy Fettuccine (Pasta) With Mixed Vegetables
Spicy Fettuccine With Mixed Vegetables
Fettuccine are a popular Italian pasta . In Italian fettuccine means, "little ribbons" are a type of pasta. Fettuccine are made from flat sheets of pasta cut into ribbon-shape strands(fettuccine) and,similar to tagliatelle. In Italian Cuisine, it is traditionally made fresh(either at home or commercially), but dried versions also exist on the market. It is one of the most popular shapes.
Wider than the other popular flat shape, linguine, this basic noodle provides a better surface for catching sauce.
This recipe is a pure vegetarian, healthy and nutrition and in with,easy to make and very delicious. Generally I use frozen mixed vegetables, because, this way is very simple, but you can use any combination of fresh( green beans, broccoli, asparagus spears and any other variety, as you like) or frozen vegetables. It paires best with rich and creamy sauces, including cheese sauces, but olive oil, tomato sauces and butter are commonly served with it.
Cooking time(approx):- 2o minutes
Style:- Italian Spicy Fettuccine Vegetarian
1/2 lb. dried uncooked fettuccine
1 1/2 tbsp virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
2 onions, peeled, halved and cut into thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 (16 oz.) package frozen mixed vegetables
1/4 cup water or vegetable broth
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp curry powder
1/4 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tbsp oregano
3 tbsp tomato sauce
1/4 tbsp salt or to taste
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan or mozzarella cheese
1. Cook the fettuccine in a large pot of boiling water, according to the package directions or till tender, but just underdone.
2. Drain and refresh in cold water and drain well and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick saucepan. Add the onion, garlic and saute for 3 minutes or till tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in the mixed vegetables, water and cook, on a medium-level low heat for 5-8 minutes or untill the vegetables are tender.
5. And then add the chili powder, curry powder, pepper, oregano, tomato sauce, and salt and continue simmer for 3-4 minutes.
6. Now take the cooked fettuccine, toss with the vegetable mixture very well.
7. Transfer to serving platter and serve hot sprinkle with grated parmesan or mozzarella cheese.
No comments yet.