5 Years at HubPages and 3 Months at SFI
19 Months Since My Last HubPages Hub
Gosh; where has the time gone?! And I'm still not making my fortune online...
I was quite shocked when I got the email notification a few days ago informing me that I'd been a HubPages member for 5 years already!
I've popped in at HubPages from time to time in the past 19 months, but mostly just to read a bit or check my account balance (barely moving!).
That account balance used to move a bit, but when it slowed to "barely moving" I started losing interest in HubPages, and started or continued with other ways to make money online.
Working from home
What's your favorite way to make money online?See results without voting
What have I been doing online to make money from home?
Well, it seems like it can't have been much, because I am still not realizing my dream of making a decent income from home, mostly from using the Internet to do so - but it's been a ton of different things that I've been busy with over the past few months, and past few years. Maybe being busy with too many different things has been my mistake, but, gosh, it's fun to make money on the Internet, and there are so many different ways to do so.
Even though I haven't yet made my fortune, I've managed to survive working from home for about 7 and a half years now. Speaking of 7, here's yet another anniversary - when I logged into my Google Adsense account yesterday, there was a message telling me it was my 7 year anniversary - I've been an Adsense publisher for 7 years now.
Just some of the ways I've made money on the Internet, or through the Internet, or using my computer, in the past few years:
- Constant Content
- oDesk (now called Upwork)
- Mechanical Turk (well, I get paid with Amazon gift vouchers for that one)
- My own sites - blogging, and/or selling products, and/or offering freelance services
- And last, but not least, and the most recent new one (for me - it's been around for 17 years already) - is SFI
Of these, and for me, at least, only three are proving worthwhile enough to continue putting in lots of effort with them: oDesk (now called Upwork), my own sites, and SFI. I can still make some money with the rest too, but my interest lies mostly with these three. In particular, my latest obsession is with SFI. I think I'm addicted to SFI.
Get your own place!
Why am I so obsessed with SFI?
Gosh; where to begin? Firstly, I'll say that I think I've finally found the online home business opportunity that best suits me, and that may possibly be the ticket I've been looking for - a ticket to a better life. I'm tired of being an adult living in a part of my parents' home for the past 8 years, but have had to because my parents don't charge me much rent, and I haven't been able to afford otherwise. It's not right.
We (my two teenage sons, my boyfriend, and our two dogs) need our own place. Should have already had our own place.
What is SFI?
SFI stands for Strong Future International. SFI is an affiliate program. SFI has thousands of members from all over the world.
So why do I think that SFI is the one? And what do I like about SFI?
- SFI is free to join
- No purchases are necessary if one is prepared to read, learn, and do
- There are so many different ways in which one can earn as SFI
- 17 years old already, with thousands of members
- SFI affiliates can choose from several free-to-use "gateway" pages for people to visit to learn more about SFI so they can decide if they want to join SFI - this one is my favorite gateway page to use to try and help get people thinking that they should join SFI: my favorite SFI gateway page - this gateway page displays my SFI badges too, which I'm very proud of
- I love the challenge of trying to advance up a rank or trying to maintain a rank without spending any money - I'm a big fan of "ways to make money from home that cost nothing to start or work at other than time and effort". (One can spend money at SFI if one wants to and/or can afford to, and this may help one advance to a new rank or maintain a rank somewhat more easily, but one can also do it the longer but less expensive or even free way).
- I love how there is so much easy and free help on SFI, to be able to learn what to do, and how to do it. There are some superb free-to-use marketing aids too.
- I enjoy the routine of doing the daily tasks (which can take as little as 8 to 20 minutes, but I like to stretch it out to make it last longer, reading everything on the pages and learning more and more as I go along) - the more I read, the more I learn, and the more I am able to easily do due to that reading and learning, the more I can earn
- I enjoy writing, and even though SFI is not a writing site, there are many opportunities to try and write good pieces of writing at SFI:
- writing helpful team mails that I can send to my team of affiliates, and messages with ecards that I can send to my team of affiliates (if my team of affiliates do well, it helps me do better),
- writing answers, when one is at the rank of at least EA2 (Executive Affiliate for a second month) for any one of 20 to 30 questions each month where if my answer is voted as one of the top ten for that question, I can earn VersaPoints (one needs to earn a certain number of VersaPoints to advance to a new rank before the end of a month, or maintain a rank in a month) - I've had a top ten answer 3 times out of the 14 answers I've so far written (two of those 3 were voted as the best answer)
- or writing something helpful or expressing my opinion in the forum
- I love helping people through the things I write (see the paragraphs above)
- I love how my earnings at SFI are up to me - the more time and effort I put into it, the more I can earn
- There are over 80 000 products that I can promote - something for everyone
- There are daily free games to play and free-to-enter daily prize drawings - the prizes are things that can help one with one's SFI business
- I can learn about how to refer others to SFI, using SFI's marketing methods, ideas, and aids, and can do the marketing work, or not - why not? - If I put in time and effort, my sponsor (my referrer) may reward me with reassigned affiliates so that they can be on my own team, or I may win affiliates in some of the games or prize drawings, or I may earn them by advancing to a new rank, or by maintaining a rank in a new month
Would be nice to sleep more
I'm tired of trying to make money online all over the place, or even, generally, because not too much has worked for me so far. Of course I understand that what I put in is what I get out, but, gosh, I've been putting in a lot, and getting little out - I don't think it's because I'm not working hard enough or long enough each day - I seldom sleep more than 6 hours a night even though I'd love to sleep 9 hours every night - I think it's more because I haven't been working smartly. SFI is teaching me how to work smartly, and, in addition to enjoying working at my SFI business, I can also apply what I learn there to some of my other online ventures too.