7 Safe Ways for Kids to Make Money
That little child of yours will one day have to earn enough to support himself. You may feel like protecting him or her from the world but the truth is you would be better off teaching them self protection.
The best way to start is to teach them how to make their own money to support their own needs. Working in these more or less protected environments they will learn a multitude of skills that will prove invaluable in an adult life scenario.
Advantages of Kids Working
1. They will learn to handle different people.
Meeting and interacting with difficult people to please can be frustrating for your child. However it is these experiences that will help him as an adult.
2. They will learn how to manage money.
When they earn their own money they will be able to spend as much or as little as they like. They will be able to save up for a large item or even for a rainy day.
3. They will learn the Value of Hard Work
No matter how often you tell them money doesn't grow on trees, they will not realize the value of the hard work that goes into earning money till they do it for themselves.
So let them work...
Naturally there has to be a safe environment for the child to work in. You do not want them getting involved in unsavory events. So you will need to set down a number of basic rules for them before they pick up a job. Stuff like how it should not interfere with their studies and social life. Also tell them that they should never put themselves in physical danger for any amount of money involved. So what are a few ways that your child can make some money?
Seven Safe Jobs for Kids
1. Baby Sitter - It may not be a very original idea but it is a well tested and fail proof method to make money. A young baby's parents are always going to need that one evening off and your child can be a good baby sitter. It is not just girls who can do this but boys as well.
2. Paper Route - For a slightly older child with a bicycle this would be a great job. It will also instill values such as punctuality and dedication in the child. Of course this would be difficult for a child who tends to fall ill often during change of season.
3. Car Washing - A weekly car wash for cars in the neighborhood can be a good part time job for your child. This would be easier for your child if you live in a relatively warmer region. After all you don't want your child down with a cold due to playing in the water.
4. Lawn Mowing - This need not be limited to cutting the grass, the child could water plants and help with weeding as well. In fact looking after plants in pots is also a possibility if you live in an area where there are not too many gardens around.
5. Dog Walking - This is a good one for animal lovers. Looking after neighbor's dog while they are away is a good way to start. Most people who have pets can always do with a little help. So it need not be limited to dogs but can also involve looking after cats, turtles, guinea pigs.
6. Lemonade Stand - A cool drink on a hot day. Easy to do and fun to manage. Of course you could learn a bit about competition and marketing if the kids next door decide to copy your idea.
7. Running Errands - If you have elderly people in the neighborhood your child could run errands like shopping for groceries for them. Older children could also pay bills or do muscle based chores for them around the home.
More by this Author
Freelancing online to make money can take place in four different forms. These are outsourcing, micro tasking, cloud sourcing and revenue sharing. Here I give details of each type of work and sites on which to find open...
These 5 homemade weightloss drinks are easy to make and nutritious to boot. You don't have to empty your wallet for weight loss drinks anymore! Just follow these free recipes and sip away!
This hub contains energy exercises to cleanse and balance your seven chakras. The idea is to do these energy exercises over a period of seven days. Cleansing and balancing all your chakras in a week