7 Ways To Stretch Your Money Without Doing Without
7 Ways To Stretch
There are a lot more than 7 ways to stretch your money, it could take a whole book, so hopefully this will get you started on the money stretch. Saving money in today's economy can be hard and you even wonder if it is possible. With these 7 ways to stretch your budget, maybe you too will end up with some money that can be saved. One of the most important things you can do is create a budget and follow it. This will get you started in the right direction.
1. The first one of 7 tips requires you to be a good actor, among other things. Start saving money on food by getting yourself invited to friends, neighbors, and relatives for dinners and cookouts. If you can get yourself invited to 3 or 4 meals a week, that is a big savings right there. If you happen to notice a cookout in the neighborhood, go in and start eating like you were invited. Look for weddings and go to the reception. There are usually so many people there that they wont notice one more person eating. Keep an eye out for family reunions also. Go to these, start eating, and talk to everyone like you have known them for years. You might even get invited back next year.
2. Buying clothes at thrift shops can save you a lot of money over over the years. If you shop around and are picky, you can end up with new looking brand names for pennies on the dollar. This is a very good way to stretch your money. You can be in style with money in your pocket. You can wear a different name brand each of the 7 days of the week. There are usually other bargains that can be found at thrift shops also, including furniture, toys, and jewelry. This also applies to shopping at yard and garage sales. Auctions can be a great place to save money but you need to know what you want to bid and do not go over this limit. This can also be a lot of fun.
3. Share the cost of your home makes 7 ways to stretch your money at the top of the list. Housing cost is the biggest expense for most people. If you have a spare room to rent out, it will help a lot towards you saving your own money.. You might even have the person keep the house clean as part of the rent. Imagine, someone to help pay your bills and clean your house too. If you can find someone to rent to that is about your size, perhaps you can also wear their clothes. This could stretch your money even further.
4. Shop around for insurance. With car, house, and health insurance being paid, it is no wonder our wallets are always getting lighter. Shop around and always compare prices. Just because you have been with one company for 20 years does not mean you are saving money. Carrying a bigger deductible will also help on the savings. There are many good online companies available to compare with, so stretch some money here.
5. Do not eat out at restaurants, especially fast food places. Everyone has heard of the bad effects to your health from eating at these places, however these place remain always crowded. Most of these meals are over $6. If one person eats there 3 times a day 7 days a week at an average cost of $6 per meal, it will definitely take a bite out of there paycheck. Eat breakfast and dinner at home and brown bag your lunch. You will also save transportation cost by not fighting traffic at your lunch hour.
6. If you live in a small town, maybe you can get by without your car. If most places you go to are a mile or under, you could ride a bike or walk where you go. This is also much better for your health than sitting in a box on wheels. You will save a lot of money by not having no car payment, insurance, or maintenance fees. When you walk to work you also notice things you do not see in a car, like the smell of new flowers growing in the spring. You will lose driving stress and be healthier from walking. That alone makes it worthwhile.
7. 7 ways to stretch your money would not be complete without talking about energy savings. There are many things you can do to lower your energy cost. When you buy a new appliance, make sure it is a very energy efficient model. A new refrigerator can pay for itself rather quickly over an old energy guzzling model. Adding more insulation can also see an increase in your savings. In the summer, keep the thermostat turned up a few degrees on the air conditioner. Take advantage of cool nights by opening windows. In the winter, turn the thermostat down a few degrees and wear warmer clothes.
There are many other ways to stretch your money and I hope after reading this, it will get you on the savings track. Don't forget to hunt up them family reunions.
- 5 Businesses You Can Start For Under Ten Thousand Dollars
5 businesses you can start with little capital investment might get you started in a new business that might last a lifetime. Many people are still without a job due to the slow economy. A lot are unhappy in...
More by this Author
Television can have a strange effect on your life. For good or bad, it is here to stay.
Heartburn does not have to control your life. Ant-acid tablets can cause stomach cancer. For relief ...