A Few Easy Ways to Save Money on Car Insurance
- Reduce liability insurance. This is the amount that your insurance company will pay out to other people who are in an accident that is caused by you. For example, you may have 100/300/100 right now, which stands for $100,000 per person, $300,000 per occurrence, and $100,000 for property damage. You can reduce it to 50/100/50 and save a significant amount each month. Keep in mind that these numbers are the maximum your insurance company will pay out; if the personal injury expenses or damage to the other person's vehicle exceeds the respective coverage, then the difference comes out of your pocket. So dropping your coverage too low is a risk.
- Avoid speeding tickets and accidents. These increase your rate. Too many tickets and accidents, and your insurance company may threaten to drop you. Each speeding ticket and accident stays on record for 3 years for my policy. Then the rate drops back down when they see you have learned to control yourself.
- Good student discount. If you are a student, you can submit your report cards or transcript to receive a reduced rate if your GPA is over a 3.0 for example. As if better grades make a person a safer driver?
- Age. Once you turn 25, your rate substantially drops. Young men have the highest insurance rates.
- Type of automobile. Type of car you drive makes a difference in what you pay. An expensive, high horsepower, rear-wheel driver sports car will cost a lot more to insure than an old, slow minivan.
- Shop around. A different company may offer a better deal for the same coverage. Talk carefully with the agents and ask a lot of questions.
Start saving on car insurance today when you get a free online auto insurance quote or call (888)890-4630. Enjoy the ease of working with Nationwide for your auto insurance needs and our competitive auto insurance rates.
Buy and compare car insurance at Progressive.com and save money. Progressive offers insurance quotes on auto insurance, motorcycle, boat, RV, home and more. Get online insurance quotes today!
- State Farm
State Farm offers more discounts to more drivers than any other insurance company. Get a free quote today and see how you can save on auto, home, life and more.
Get auto insurance quotes at Allstate.com. You're In Good Hands With Allstate. Allstate also offers insurance for your home, motorcycle, RV, as well as financial products such as permanent and term life insurance.
More by this Author
Photo taken by me Double-clutching is a racecar driving technique that is rarely heard of by the average person. It can only be performed on a manual transmission vehicle. It involves the driver revving up the...
Raw honey is absolutely amazing at healing the most severe skin ailment, and even ulcer, better than modern medicine. It's power has been known for thousands of years, and scientific information on raw honey can be...
Break lugnuts loose while car is still on the ground. Jack up car and place on jack stands. ALWAYS use jack stands and make sure car is secure. Remove loose lugnuts by hand or with ratchet. Remove wheel and...
No comments yet.