Use A Temporary Credit Card For Safer Online Shopping!
Why Use A Temporary Credit Card?
If you are one of those people that's afraid to make an online purchase because you're afraid that someone will steal your credit card number, fear no more! You can use a temporary credit card number to make online purchases.
That's right; leading credit card companies are now giving their customers the opportunity to use temporary credit card numbers without any charge to use in single transactions.
Is A Temporary Credit Card Number For You?
How Does Using A Temporary Credit Card Number Work?
A temporary credit card number is tied to your regular credit card account, however, the person or company that you are giving the temporary credit card number to, will never see your real credit card account number.
Using a temporary credit card number is ideal if you just aren't sure who you are dealing with, or if you are nervous of making an online transaction for fear of your credit card number being stolen.
Get A Temporary Credit Card Number With ShopShield
What Credit Card Companies Offer Temporary Credit Card Numbers?
Obviously you will have to have an account with a credit card company that offers the temporary credit card number service. Here are a list of companies that are offering this service at the time of this posting:
- Discover Card has something called, "Discover Deskshop" that allows you to shop securely with temporary account numbers.
- PayPal offers a service called SecureCard if you have an account with them.
- Citibank offers Virtual Account Numbers, and Bank of America offers a ShopSafe program.
- Mastercard offers MasterCard Secure Code, a password program. It's not a temporary credit card number service, however, the password will help with unauthorized use of your card. This works only with participating retailers so the service is limited.
- Visa offers a Verified By Visa password program. Just like MasterCard, it's not a temporary credit card number service, however, the password will help with unauthorized use of your card. This works only with participating retailers so the service is limited.
American Express use to offer a temporary credit card number service but it shut down in May 2004.
Do You Use A Temporary Credit Card Number for Online Shopping?See results without voting
More by this Author
If there is one thing that can make you feel as sexy as Brad Pitt or Maria Sharapova, it would be the sporty yet elegant TAG Heuer watch. Having the watch's metallic strap bound securely around your wrist is enough to...
I'm a big fan of David Yurman jewelry. I own two pieces and love them. I have an 11mm Prasiolite Albion ring and similar bracelet. I received one from my husband for a birthday, and the other piece to celebrate our...
If you're in the market to buy a Rolex watch, you need to know how to spot a fake Rolex. I've done some research and wanted to share with you what I learned so you can become a moreeducated consumer.
What's On Your Mind? Please Share!
No comments yet.