California State Financial Aid: Chafee Grant
The California Chafee Grant is free money given to youth who are current or former wards of the state’s foster care system.
The financial aid is meant to be used for vocational school training courses or college courses.
The Chafee Grant offers up to $5000 per academic year. The Chafee Grant Program, also known as the Education and Training Voucher (ETV), is a federally funded program and is subject to availability of federal funds each year.
The California Department of Social Services (CDSS) provides the California Student Aid Commission with a list of students who are in the correct age-range, and were eligible for Independent Living Program services.
The Commission then matches that list against the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) records that have been received.
The California Chafee Grant Application Process Is As Follows:
- The student completes the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The student must also complete the Chafee Grant Online Application
- Once the student completes the application, the state will update the student’s WebGrants For Students account with the status of the grant
- The commission verifies the Student’s Foster Youth records from the California Department of Social Services (CDSS)
- The school disburses the funds to the student’s account if all of the eligibility requirements have been met
More by this Author
Weekly hotels might be the answer to your housing situation if you have low income and you do not have the money to get your own apartment, or if you have an eviction dogging your credit and your apartment applications...
Of all the low income housing programs, tax credit apartment, or income based apartments are the most hassle free. You will not find long waiting lists, and there are no lengthy application rituals like the ones...
Thelma! Thelma! Thelma! That was one of the most memorable lines from an episode of the popular black sitcom, Good Times. On the show, Thelma Evans was the epitome of a good girl. She had good grades, she had a good...
No comments yet.