Cash On Delivery Online Shopping Sites in India
More and more people in India are looking to shop online. But not everybody has their own credit card to shop online. Nearly all shopping sites in India have credit card, debit card, bank transfers and some other methods that a shopper can use to shop online. This is where an easy, convenient and possibly the safest way to shop online comes in to play and that is to avail Cash on Delivery as a payment method.
Cash on Delivery method is not a new concept that shopping websites are using; it was and is being used for many years by hotels, fast food chains or even by the nearest small-time eatery in your area. Like you may have also ordered items many times by using this method. Hotels and other establishments use the other term known as "Free Home Delivery" for this method.
What's your reason to shop using COD?See results without voting
Sites to Shop Online Using Cash On Delivery
- InfiBeam.com (Only Many Items)
- Yebhi.com (Get cashback on every purchase)
- Yepme.com (Nice collection on cheaper price)
- FernsnPetals.com (For flowers, gifts and cakes)
- Bluestone.com (For gold jewellery)
- Myntra.com (For Clothes and Other Accessories)
- Inkfruit.com (For Tshirts and Accessories)
- IndianPlaza.com (Only on Select Items)
- HealthKart.com (For health related items)
- Landmarkonthenet.com (For Books)
- BeStylish.com (For Shoes - Additional Rs. 100 for COD)
- UtsavFashion.in (For Sarees and other Women Clothing and Accessories)
- ShoppersStop.com (For most itesm in over 1500 delivery locations)
- ShopClues.com (Much like eBay.in)
- Jabong.com (For lifestyle products)
- Koovs.com (On minimum order value of Rs. 500)
- WatchKart.com (For Watches, Only on Some Pin Codes)
- Perfume2Order.com (For Perfumes, but long verification process and on select pin codes).
- FirstCry.com (For baby, kids, and mother care products)
- Babyoye.com (Just like Firscry)
- PepperFry.com (For furniture and home décor items)
- Zovi.com (For fashion related merchandise)
- Zivame.com (Your Lingerie destination)
- PettySecrets.com (Same as Zivame)
There are many more sites that now offer COD. I have tried to provide as much variety that I can provide in the above list so that the product you're looking can be found.
Cash on Delivery (COD) or Collect on Delivery is a method wherein people can initiate a transaction and buy products without using any credit or debit card. In this method you make the payment when you get the delivery of the item. Almost all shopping sites that offer COD will in beforehand verify your credentials before actually starting the process to ship the product.
The process of verification is very simple. What most shopping sites do is that they will send a verification pin to your mobile phone which you'll have to enter on the website. After you successfully enter the pin, your product will be processed for shipping. And when the product reaches your doorstep you'll directly pay to the delivery personnel. The verification method can vary, some require you to attend a call from them and then they verify you by asking simple questions as your name, address, and the product you bought; and then they will start processing your order. At the time of delivery you or your family can take the delivery and pay cash to the courier personnel.
As people get more comfortable with online shopping, and internet penetration widening even in villages there would be a need for people of all pockets to buy products online. Companies operating online shopping sites also know this and majorly all big players offer COD service for customers.
Sites such as Flipkart.com, Infibeam.com, and Homeshop18.com are some of the bigger names in this domain which offer cash on delivery option. If Flipkart.com offers COD on all products they feature then Infibeam.com has COD service for some items such as books, mobile (on low-priced mobiles), gift items and Ipods. The degree in which sites offer this service varies but some day or the other all the sites will have to offer Cash on Delivery option.
COD is an option wherein every shopper can shop online and get their products from the comfort of their home. Also sites offering COD do not charge you more to use this option. There are no hidden cost when you avail this. But some sites may have conditional shipping charges. Like Flipkart.com adds Rs.30 as shipping charges if you order any thing that cost less than Rs. 200 and none for products that cost more than Rs. 200. Different sites have different policy regarding shipping charges. So, if you ever want to buy an item that is less than Rs. 200 on Flipkart then you can go ahead and add any product such as a VCD, DVD of a movie which cost say for example 50 then in that way you will be able to save the shipping charges and get the DVD movie also.
The best shopping and the fastest growing shopping site in India is Flipkart.com. So, let's have a look at how we can shop using the cash on delivery option on Flipkart.com
Buying a Product on Flipkart via Cash on Delivery
As an example I'll show you a demo how a book can be bought on Flipkart using COD.
- Point your browser to www.flipkart.com
- As the site loads the homepage appears then you can browse through the various products and select your item that you want to buy.
- Clicking the product takes you to the product page.
- The product page list a small description of the product along with the price and also some user reviews.
- It is always good reading users reviews. So if you are all set to buy then click the "Buy This Now" link.
- Now a basic summary of the order props up where you can select to place the order or continue shopping for more items.
- Let's place the order.
- After placing the order you'll have to create an account for yourself before proceeding further.
- Create your account by filling correct address, email address, and your personal mobile number.
- After all that an order summary will appear wherein the summary will look like the image below.
- I have removed my phone number and blacked out other details of mine but your mobile number will appear there and the order confirmation will be sent on your mobile number and on your email address.
- Finally the last thing to do is to select the Cash on Delivery option which is by default selected. Just enter the captcha code and click on "Place Order" link and your order will reach your doorstep within the specified time.
- You can also track your order by logging in your account and if you have changed your decision then you can also cancel the order before it gets shipped.
This way you can shop online using the COD and get your items. I hope this hub helps you in your search for Cash on Delivery shopping sites in India.
More by this Author
List of top 20 shopping malls in Mumbai. Visit any of these malls with your friends and families to have a great time. Also get the address of the same.
Looking for places to shop in Surat. Read this page to find out some of the best places to buy and shop in Surat, Gujarat. Also find out what to buy in Surat.
A list of the top romantic Hindi love songs. There are currently 200+ in the list, with newer ones being added at the bottom.