Checking A Status For 2011 Taxes
After people file their taxes, they want to get their money back as soon as possible so that they can start spending the money on things they need. There are some things you may need to know to check on the status of your refund.
1. There is an online website provided by the IRS that is there to help with any questions that people may have. It also gives helpful tips and information about tax time. This website is www.IRS.gov. This site is available every day and every hour during tax time.
2. For the people that E-file their taxes, they can start tracking their refunds 72 hours after they file their taxes. For those who choose paper filing, they have to wait until three to four weeks after filing to track their status.
3. To track the status, you will need three things to be provided on the website so that they can identify who you are. These things are your SSN, your filing status, and the amount of money you will be getting back.
4. The website will then tell you one of three things after the status has been tracked. These things could be that the refund is processed, is still being processed, or some information needs to be changed so that it can be processed.
5. This site is very helpful because it helps each person individually. It is catered to the individual because of the personal information that you entered into the website.
6. There is also software on this website that allows people with visual disabilities to be able to use this site as well. It uses voice recognition software and also Braille where it is compatible.
7. For those that do not have access to the internet, there is also a toll-free number that can be called to get all of the same information. This number is 800-829-1954.
8. Another great thing that is offered is the new smart-phone application offered by the IRS called IRS2GO.
Tax Software on Amazon
Were you able to quickly check the status of your return?
No comments yet.