Choose Your College Fund Provider and Get The Scholarship You Want
Graduating in College: Don't say it's just a dream!
The BIG question before high school graduation among friends and classmates is this: "Are you going to college?"
The dilemna of continuing your tertiary education will double if your parents can't provide an adequate fund to help their kids realize their dream of finishing college degree courses.
Twenty years ago, tuiton fees were not that high as of these days. As the payment on college education skyrocketed these days, there are alternatives to be witty and choose your college fund provider as long as it is legal.
Sponsorship, scholarship and college loans
From what I've known as I experienced college education two decades ago, there were three ways to make a high schooll graduate be an Einstein, a Faraday or a Newton or even a Currie. There are many ways to excel and drive yourself to the top and graduate with flying colors.
Focus yourself on how you are going to portray yourself as a college student. Do you want to be scholarly or geek type, sport-type, brother-sorority type or anything-goes type. in addition to it, do you want to have a college fund provider. You're lucky if you found one this year.
Career Orientation starts January every year. As a high school graduating student, you must attend any of it. I know parents often suggest about what college university they want you to enrol. They'll be suggesting their alma mater or you can oppose, otherwise. After all it's your self. If they threaten you that they'll not support your education if you don't approve of their choice, there are open options of choosing your college fund provider and get the type of scholarship you want.
- Sponsors - It can be a multi-national company. Some softdrink companies also provide sponsorship. For example, your father works for the X softdrink company, the management will be the one who'll provide tuition fees and other payments for you. Some rich people extend their philantrophic activities by acting as foster parents to selected high school graduates. Or some big oil companies will do likewise, but they want to belong as scholarship provider. I tried looking for a sponsor that will sustain my needs when I decided for priesthood before graduating high school. I passed the exam for pre-orientation, a year that is provided to non-seminarian high school graduates before entering college at the Holy Major Seminary (this is for Catholic Christians). Unfortunately, all the possible sponsors have already taken other interested high school graduating students from other high school institutions. So, I just dropped my plan being a priest and decided to try another college courses that also interest me.
- Scholarship - You can avail of it if you excel in academics or in sports. Medals, citations or certificates, scholastic standings are but some of the requirements. Or the school will provide the necessary papers and they'll suprise you or award your scholarship while accepting your high school diploma. I've got an academic scholarship, provided that I'll maintain good grades for the rest of my college years. The school also gave me a two-year college scholarship from an oil company. These were my rewards of being at the top of my class during high school.
- College Loans - The former two didn't oblige you to pay for what they've spent for you after graduating college. But if you really want to finish college, the last option is possible for you. Still, they want to know if you belong to the upper 5% or 10% of your class. Here in the Philippines, there is what they call Study Now, Pay Later Plan (SNPLP). This is enacted as law by the government providing loans to deserving students for college education. My sister was able to avail it. The bank where the loan is linked continue to send notice at my sister's home urging her to pay her loan. She went to the bank and declared that her meager salary will not be able to sustain payments for the loan. There are options whether to pay in full or just a percentage of thepayment incurred, unless you declare yourself as incapable to pay it back from the government because of your job status.
Some students who didn't qualify and still want to go to college will be able to avail of the college institutions scholarships, like:
- working student program
- president's sponsorship
Some legislators in the country, senators and congressmen, alike, also provide scholarships to their deserving constituents. Part of their pork barrels are wisely spent to providing college education to high school graduates of their districts or counties.
Or if you can't still find an option, you can work your way to college by having a year job on restaurants, fast food or take short vocational courses that will hasten your skills, like, in auto mechanics, industrial electricity or electronics and computer repair.
There are many options.You just have to look for it and choose wisely. Go, get it now!!!
Please advice your parents: don't let this happen to you!
Hubbers always give sound advices
- College Financial Planning: How To Save Money For College
SAVING FOR COLLEGE Let's check out some good news......It's guestimated that in 2025, an education may cost somewhere around $200,000!!! That's a phenomenal number to think about and an even more...
- Four Simple Ways to Save for College
Once you have decided that the financial priority for your family is saving for your childs college education, the next step is to develop a plan to make it happen. Here are four simple ways to start saving...
- College Savings Accounts With Low Fees And High Tax Savings
Starting a college savings account is a vital step in funding your child's education. Choosing the right savings account is just as important as each 529 plan offers different benefits and charges different fees. Find out which states offer the best
- Give Your Parents the Gift of Financial Assistance
As a college student I spent my years passively taking money from my parents and spending on all the college expenses. I agree that teenage is most careless age and we do not think about how we can help our...
Hope on the Rez c/o TheCollegeFund (The American Indian College Fund)
UNCF Pacific Northwest Inspires High School Students in Central District c/o pacificnwcommunity (United Negro College Fund)
How To Win College Scholarships: Advice from My College Options c/o MCOTeam
How to Get Cash For College: This Really Works!! 01 c/o proedserv123
Dave Ramsey on College Planning c/o TheLampoGroupInc
More by this Author
High school students are always interested in friendship during this stage of education. Making friends and creating groups are but some of their most anticipated pastime. However, some students can be very cautious in...
Bartering offers a lot a opportunity to talented but penniless individual. There are many options for you to learn from and go out as victor.
Eating street food is the favorite past time of many bystanders and pedestrians. The smell of food being cooked along the streets may entice you to buy from the street hawkers. The only caution is whether, it is clean...