Christmas on a Budget: Surviving the Holiday Season
Budgeting for Christmas?
For the past years that I have been preparing for Christmas, I would tell myself that I'll try to cut on the cost as much as I could but I would usually end up overspending. Is it really possible to have a wonderful Christmas even you are on a tight budget?
The answer is a solid YES. Some people, including me, just needs to know HOW. Well, after years and years of having hangover of my endless Christmas shopping spree, I guess you could say that I have finally learned my lesson. (The hard way though...)
CHRISTMAS GIFT SETS
HOW TO MAKE BUDGET FOR CHRISTMAS?
- I know not everyone would want to have a certain budget allocated for Christmas. Neither do I. But I feel that it will not get me anywhere if I will go splurging without a plan at hand. If you really want to enjoy a worry-free and wonderful celebration for the Yuletide season, the keyword is to PLAN. When I say plan, make a REALISTIC plan. Plan within your means. Determine your budget for the holiday. If you know how much you can spend ahead of time, then it will be a lot easier for you to set your goals straight.
- Make a list of people you need to give presents, list of food that will be part of your Christmas dinner, list of Christmas decorations, etc. Don't be tempted to buy expensive gifts that will just ruin your budget for the holidays. Also list your budget per gift. For your Christmas foos, it is fine to have variety of dishes on your Christmas table but just think if it will blow you off your budget. Having so much food will make you feel that you have to eat everything which would lead to some ugly results: Being glutton and gaining terrible pounds, Food being spoiled because of too much left-overs, plus going over your budget again! For your Christmas decorations, if your last Christmas lights and other decors are still in good shape, why do you need to buy new ones? Creating a list will serve as your guidelines. Jotting down everything you need will help you resist (i hope) buying something not included on the list. It's better if you stick to your list or you just wasted your time and effort writing it down and just thinks about the ink that you wasted by writing 'em all.
CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR BABIES
BUDGET GIFTS FOR CHRISTMAS
- Budget Gifts for the Crafter - At Home on Shine
The best gift for a die-hard D.I.Y.-er requires some assembly, which makes these gifts (all under $50!) perfect for the craftiest person in your life. And if you're a creative type too, we have some ideas for Crafty Christmas Gifts that might...
- Try to trim your expenses as much as you can. Instead of buying pricey gifts, why not just add a personal touch by creating do-it-yourself gifts? Make delicious Christmas cookies, Christmas scented candles or quilt for your parents, friends and colleagues. That will save you time on going to all the stores and having to squeeze you body just to be able to get all the latest deals for your Christmas gifts. Not to think of really cutting on your expenses. Instead of buying well known prducts as ingredients for your Christmas dishes, go for cheaper brands with the same quality. The label won't show on your spaghetti and your honey-glazed pork ribs so your guests wouldn't know where you bought the ingredients anyway, right?
- Set up a pot-luck dinner or reunion with your family or frineds instead of hosting it all by yourself and having to spend a lot on preparing for the food and everything. Nowadays, it is wise to be practical and think about yourself and not just thinking about how others would react. Have everyone bring a dish or two, plan ahead of time so you will have a wide variety of dishes to choose from. Aside from saving you from the aggravation of cooking all the dishes forever, you need not worry on overspending again.
YES WE CAN DO IT
Planning a wonderful Christmas without going overboard lies in our hands. Let us put into consideration how economy is at the moment. We have to think about the consequences. Yes, we have a festive celebration, but after the year is over, you'll come into realization that you spent too much AGAIN, you have to pay your credit card bills AGAIN, you need to work double hard to pay your debts AGAIN, which could leave a sour taste in your mouth.
YES, WE CAN HAVE A TERRIFIC CHRISTMAS EVEN ON A BUDGET. It can be as perfect as we want i to be no matter how much you spent, no matter how many your Christmas dishes are or no matter how many gift we received. It is how we make it happen.
HAVE A FRUITFUL AND FRUGAL CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
More by this Author
According to WIKKIPEDIA, Inferiority complex in the fields of psychology and psychoanalysis, is a feeling that one is inferior to others in some way. Such feelings can arise from an imagined or actual inferiority in the...
I don't know if you will agree with me, but I consider feet as the most worn-out parts of the body. Just imagine how heavy our bodies are which they carry to wherever we feel like going to, we drag our feet just about...
We want to always look fashionable whatever the season is. Magazines and websites will give you tips on what to wear and when to wear it. The most challenging part is finding an outfit during the rainy season. Here...