Credit card theft protection
How to avoid credit card theft
May be you have been wondering how one can use a credit card to purchase a product online. The world has moved to one global village where you have to think globally and act locally. Many transactions are made easier due to the emerging e-commerce business.
This day you do not have to travel to any country just to purchase a product, right now things are down online by the use of credit. Knowing how to use credit card without much risks is the problem, because once you have exposed your credit card information, your account will be defrauded
So there are some basic factors to considers while using credit card
1. Do not give your credit card to anybody you do not trust to help you with your transaction – when in the cyber and want to do an online transaction, you better go with somebody you trust either you wife/husband or your child, giving details of your credit card to person whom you do not know well exposes your chances of being robbed
2. Do your transaction in a securely private place – if you have a credit card and would want to purchase something online, find a good cyber café or anywhere that grantee security and no stranger pops in and out
3. Uninstall in spyware software – whether you are using your on computer to do a transaction online, always remove all spyware programs, these programs normally collect the details on the person using the computer and with these your credit card information are going to be collected.
4. Clear on cookies after doing any credit card transaction, cookies normally have the details of all entries you made while browsing, this will help avoid internet fraudster who check on the cookies to get customers details.
5. Do not expose your credit card details on any material other than the credit card itself, by doing this it is easier to forget this piece of papers than one would forget his or her credit card
6. Before buying with a credit card from any company, check the company profile very well, probably do a such whether they are known to be defrauding people by the use of credit card
7. When your credit card has been stolen, you should report immediately to your respective bank to cancel the credit card
8. When you have any suspicious transaction without your knowledge let your bank know immediately and let them cancel the transaction plus the credit card
Those are some basic step not fall a victim of fraudster online or anywhere while using your credit card; just know where to do your shopping as this will minimize the loose of credit card theft
Credit Card Theft Protection
Credit Card Theft Protection
- 20 Credit Card Debit Card Safety Tips
1. Always memorize your debit and credit card pins 2. Destroys the credit and debit card PIN slip after you have received it from the bank 3. For those with difficulty in memorizing...
More by this Author
A repeater is the simplest facility used for network interconnection, whose major function is to receive a network signal from one LAN terminal cable segment and to regenerate and retransmit the signal as it is in its...
Topology is a characteristic of a Local Area Network. It is both the physical configuration of the cabling used to connect computers in the network, and the logical way in which the system views the structure of the...
Normalization of data can be defined as a process during which the existing tables of a database are tested to find certain data dependency between the column and the rows or normalizing of data can be referred to a...
No comments yet.