Insurance Policies- General Insurance Policies to Ensure Complete Protection
Different Types of Insurance Policies
General insurance sector offers many a lot policies that suit everyone’s purposes. The nature of policies changed considerably since many private companies entered the insurance policy sector. This provided consumers with wide options too. Still, public sector insurance companies offer better policies than the private sector companies.
Most probably, different companies will be offering the same policy in different names.
- Accident insurance
- health insurance
- home appliances insurance
etc. are offered in different names by many companies.
Different Types of Insurances:
Following are the different types of policies available under the general insurance category:
- Fire related policies
- Marine policy
- Motor vehicle policy
- Engineering policies
- Traditional and non-traditional rural policies etc
. Besides these, general insurance companies offer many other less popular policies too.
- Liability insurance
- Guarantee insurance
- Animal insurance
- Agricultural insurance and even satellite insurances are offered by various companies.
Fire Related Insurance Policies:
The security of houses, shops, businesses, godowns, offices etc. can be ensured by this policy. Fire policy ensures compensations for losses imparted by fire, lightning, explosion, riots, storms, flood, tsunami etc.
Losses imparted by vehicles, train, animals, soil erosion, land slide etc. too are covered under this policy. Add on coverage are given to losses inflicted by terrorist attacks, earth quake and electric shock. Even though this type of policy offers coverage for damages caused by storm and the like, harms caused by normal rain and wind won’t come under this insurance coverage.
Fire policies offer maximum coverage with minimum premiums. Insurance companies other than health insurance companies offer these policies without much terms and conditions. The main issues that are considered while deciding the premium amounts for this type of policy are the business in the building, the nature of the objects stored etc.
How Does Insurance Work?
Insurance Coverage -Things to Keep in Mind
Consumers need to keep a few things in mind while going for an insurance coverage.
- Assume the possible losses you may encounter and go for policies that cover your needs. Normally, people will think of policies only when they encounter some damage.
- Terms and conditions of the policy, coverage, prerequisites for the claim—all these need to be inquired and understood in detail.
- Make sure that you manage to have a printed copy detailing the intricacies of the policy, from the insurance company.
- Don’t buy a policy, blinded by the agents exaggerated descriptions. Make sure that you will get the privileges he listed out while trying to sell you a policy.
- While choosing an insurance company, double check the company’s track record too.
More by this Author
It cover the evolution of mobile communications from 1st generation to 5th generation .Now almost all the service providers as well as the customers seek for availing these 3G and 4G services.
Even professionals have had difficulty determining if a diamond is real or not. You can use a diamond tester to test the purity of diamonds
There are many advantages of using baby walker. One is to be proud of giving a valuable gift to the babies and the baby will be happy inside it. So if we put the baby in walker then parents can do all the works without...